Highlighted

Some Premiere projects crash while opening in 14.2 and 14.3

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've been having a strange issue where some of our projects continuosly crash while opening in Premiere 14.2 and 14.3, but not it 14.1. We have two computers with identical specs, and until today, one of them was able to open the projects that were failing while the other wouldn't, but today neither are able to open these projects in 14.3 or 2. 

We are editing on two 2009 Mac Pros, Mojave 14.6, 2x3.46 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon, Radeon VII 16 GB video cards, one has 96 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 memory and the other has 64 GB 1333 MHz DDR3. 

I have tried restarting, uninstalling Premiere and re-installing it, I've checked everything I can think of for updates (OS, plug-ins, etc.), I've tried making a new 14.3 file and importing the sequences/projects into it, but nothing has worked.

I don't know what's causing this and I'm not sure what else to do. I reached out to Adobe chat support, but they seemed to have never heard of this and didn't know how to help. Has anyone else run into this before? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Crash, Editing, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Some Premiere projects crash while opening in 14.2 and 14.3

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've been having a strange issue where some of our projects continuosly crash while opening in Premiere 14.2 and 14.3, but not it 14.1. We have two computers with identical specs, and until today, one of them was able to open the projects that were failing while the other wouldn't, but today neither are able to open these projects in 14.3 or 2. 

We are editing on two 2009 Mac Pros, Mojave 14.6, 2x3.46 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon, Radeon VII 16 GB video cards, one has 96 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 memory and the other has 64 GB 1333 MHz DDR3. 

I have tried restarting, uninstalling Premiere and re-installing it, I've checked everything I can think of for updates (OS, plug-ins, etc.), I've tried making a new 14.3 file and importing the sequences/projects into it, but nothing has worked.

I don't know what's causing this and I'm not sure what else to do. I reached out to Adobe chat support, but they seemed to have never heard of this and didn't know how to help. Has anyone else run into this before? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Crash, Editing, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the media on shared storage? Are you able to open the projects without media attached? Try clearing the media cache on the machines as well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the very late reply. We are on shared storage, when I detach the media, it will still crash in the same spot. No change after clearing the media cache as well. I've tried a number of other things as well since this first arose, and I believe this is stemming from an Essential Graphics issue. 

I created a new project in 14.3.1, then reverted to to 14.1, opened both the new empty project and the old project that has the issue, dragged all of the contents over to the new project, saved and reopened in 14.3, and it crashed. I tried exporting an AAF, XML, EDL, and importing them into new 14.3.1 projects, and it sort of worked. The AAF brought most of the media across, but none of the essential graphics, which contain all of the legal (so it's necessary to keep). Finally, I duplicated the original project that had the issue, deleted all of the essential graphics, went back to 14.3.1... and it worked.

On the one hand, awesome! Sort of found where the problem is. On the other hand, not much better off than where I started. Like I said the essential graphics contain all of the legal for the project and all of that will have to remain editable so that we can make changes to it easily if the client wants. Unless there is a way to export the essential graphics as an editable text or something, like converting it to legacy titles or to open captions and then converting them back to essential graphics in 14.3.1, I'm not sure where to go from here. I don't know if this is just a glitch with Premiere Essential Graphics or if we have some obscure setting checked or something. If anyone knows more about this or if some Adobe staff could add this to the list of glitches to investigate, anything's appreciated.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 0