Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some questions on Warp Stabilizer and project file size

Engaged ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im using CS6 under OSX 10.9.

From other threads about large project file sizes, it appears the cause is Warp Stabilizer which stores the stabilizing data in the project file. The workaround suggested is to export the stabilized clips to ProRes and reimport them. I have a project where large file size may become a problem, so before I start applying Warp Stabilizer, I though I'd get a few hints on the best way to proceed.

The project involves a 35-min home movie from the late 1960s. The scan first goes into After Effects (to adjust the frame rate from 16 to 24fps, by blending every second frame 50:50 with the next). It then enters Premiere, where I have cut it into about 300 clips, each clip edited for colour and contrast.

I'm pretty sure I have not applied Warp Stabilizer to any of the clips in Premiere, but the project (153MB) is three times the size of a much larger project (140-minutes, a thousand stills, and a few dozen videos). The file size surprised me, and that's why I'm here.

Ques 1

Can I search for clips that have Warp Stabilizer (or any other effect) applied?

Ques 2

Turning off Warp Stabilizer on another project that uses Warp Stabilizer, doesn't seem to reduce the file size. Is that how Premiere operates – the stabilizing data is stored whether the effect is turned on or off?

Ques 3

What other effects increase file size?

Ques 4

Is it desirable to stabilize across scene changes? Won't the scene change bugger up the stabilizing?  I've been thinking it would be best to stabilize the whole film inside AE, but then I reconsidered.

Ques 5

For a clip that has frame blending applied (in my case, in AE), will stabilizing work? Or will the blended frames (either in AE or in Premiere) cause the stabilizing to go haywire?

Thanks for any suggestions.

TOPICS
Editing , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?