Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sony 7sIII XAVC S 4K 4:2:2 10 bit

Participant ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a bunch of XAVC S 4K 4:2:2 10 bit. Some in 24 fps, some 60 fps and some 120 fps. I want to transcode this material to Apple Pro Res 422. Well, I made a queue list with all my material and start my job. After 3 files my computer freezes. I was using Media Encoder version 14.5. Maybe the new version (15.2) works better with those files? No it does not. Tried another queue list and the computer freezes after the second clip. 

Then I made a test. Transcoded a couple o MXF from Canon C300 Mark III and a couple of R3D from Red. Works fine. The problem is make a queue with XAVC S 4k. Does anybody know why my queue list with XAC S 4k are not working? 

What am I doing? Transcoding one clip per time. Some large files (more than 3gb) Media Encoder freezes. For these large files I am doing it in Prelude. 

Am I missing something? What should I do? Is there a "right" worflow for queue my files in Media Encoder? Maybe is my computer. Built it last year and it not so bad.

My computer configuration:

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x
GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX VEGA56 Gaming OC 8G
Motherboard: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming Amd Am4 Ryzen
Memory: 32gb 3000 Ddr4 Pc 2x16 Vengeance Lpx Corsair

Thanks a lot

Fernando Alves
Editor
TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export , Formats , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well,  I found Acrok Video Converter.  Now I can transcode my XAVC S 4K 4:2:2 10 bit files, but there is no 4k output option. Only 1080p. It has been very easy to trancode with it, but it is not what I want/need. Need to keep the metadata's files. and with this app I can not. It is amazing how a ordinary trancoder can have the job done, but Adobe Media Encoder not. I am not happy with Acrok Video Converter. Because it is not a pro enconder. Need to transcode my files to a high end soloution. Please, does anybody can help me? Need to trnascode this files with a profissinal app like Media Encoder.

Thanks a lot

Fernando Alves
Editor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Start with a few instead with a long list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines