• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sony A7SIII 422 4K 120FPS Footage not playing back or editing well.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New to all of this and looking for some solutions. Not the most knowledgable so be kind. I am typically a sony a7iii shooter. I was working on something a little bit more important and rented an a7siii. I shot all day in 422 4K 120fps and my computer refuses to edit well with it. I am running a 2020 iMac with the 5700XT with 16gb of VRAM and have made proxies of the footage for editing with no luck. I occassionally get playback if I render the timeline but even that is hit or miss. Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Formats , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll get some suggestions to use proxies for such footage as I wouldn't expect Premiere to render that out in real time on a good day with the very best computer on the planet. 120fps at 4K is a lot of info to process and playback of footage isn't Premiere's strong point. If you downgrade the footage to a much lower resolution then you'll have more luck I believe. Tons of posts on that subject here so I won't rehash it all, do a search and your brain shall fill up quickly on the subject

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree 4K at 120 fps would be hard for most computers to playback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree and get that, but shouldnt making a 1280x720 proxy make playback smoother? The majority of the time I can't even see anything in order to edit down. I appreciate the help greatly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problems with the same camera and I proxied as well. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines