Sony a7siii 4k 120fps 4222 10 bit playback issues in premier

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on the newest mac book pro fully spec'd out and having issues playing back Sony a7siii 4k 120fps 4222 10 bit.

When I shoot 420 10 bit that footage plays back fine.

Will there be a fix for this soon or is anyoen else having issues?

Trying to create proxies but dont want to add that to my workflow.

Thanks,

TOPICS
Editing, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Sony a7siii 4k 120fps 4222 10 bit playback issues in premier

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on the newest mac book pro fully spec'd out and having issues playing back Sony a7siii 4k 120fps 4222 10 bit.

When I shoot 420 10 bit that footage plays back fine.

Will there be a fix for this soon or is anyoen else having issues?

Trying to create proxies but dont want to add that to my workflow.

Thanks,

TOPICS
Editing, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just finished a project using the same camera and video specs and the playback was somehow sluggish, I've ended up using proxies to be able to work comfortably. My computer specs are a little bit low: i7-5930, geforce1080 ti, 64 Gb ram, win 10. Another thing: I noticed that PPro doesn't use hardware decoding when playing back those videos (needs support for that codec from Adobe?)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ali,

Sorry about that. Let the devs know here.

Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Todd,

Sorry for the frustration on performance. I have noted that most people having performance issues are running H.264/HEVC 10 bit 4:2:2 variants. For now, I'll recommend using proxies or transcoding the original files. Please let the devs know you'd like this improved over on User Voice.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2020 0