• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sony LUT disconnects after moving project to new computer

Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sharing in case anyone runs across this issue or knows a faster way to fix this. I started a project on PC and imported Sony footage through the Media Library. The footage came in with a LUT pre-applied and I began to build out the project. A week later I had to move to a Mac and opened the project. After relinking all the footage it would not re-connect with the LUT applied. All footage was "washed out" (S-log).

To fix:

Quit Premiere, restart and open a new project. Re-import the footage through the Media Library (this should have the LUT connected). Quit Premiere, re-open your old project. This worked for me after spending an hour troubleshooting. Hope this helps someone

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be because somehow it didn't get all the metadata from the clip by just re-linking. That's what is going on when re-ingesting via the MediaBrowser fixes things with media.

And is why it is so often better/safer/more stable to import/ingest especially complex media like that containing LUTs or camera options and spanned clip media via the MediaBrowswer panel. As you seem aware, but ... providing this information for others.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A new day a new issue. Turned on my computer today to start working and the same issue came up after opening the project. Doing the same process fixed it again. So it now looks like Premiere will make me do this everytime I re-open this project. Does anyone know a way to make this stick? or is this just a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would dump the cache/media cache database files, then work the project. If that doesn't do it, I'd create a new project. In that project, MediaBrowser panel, naviget to the old project file. Right-click/import the assets of that old project. See if that works.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the suggestion Neil. I dumped the cache, database cache files and trashed preferences on launch. No luck there. Still only works when I do my original hack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines