Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sony XAVC-HS 4k 4:2:0 footage (H265) random crashes

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

So I've been editing 4k footage off the new Sony A7SIII with the XAVC-HS codec with 4:2:0 (not 4:2:2, that seems to be impossible to edit without proxies). Unfortunately I get various crashes with Premiere. First, when importing this footage into the project via drag and drop, the System crashes. When importing via menu file/import it works fine most of the time, but cosistently crashes when scrubbing through the timeline. The system becomes unresponsive until the fan blows heavy and then restarts. 

System is a MacBook Pro 16" / 8-core Core i9 / 64GB RAM and Radeon Pro 5500M

running MacOS 10.15.7 and latest version of Premiere.

Any help would be much appreciated!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont drag and drop or import.

Use the media browser so Premiere can properly identify the clips/structure before trying to ingest.

Import is only suited for selfcontained files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alrighty. So when I already have a project with the media files - how can I reinsert the files via media browser and keep my edits?

Also, does this resolve the issue with the system freeze and crash when scrubbing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I just tried to load the media in Media Browser and the system froze and crashed straight away!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are certain video file formats from the A7S III that are difficult to playback on many NLE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there is there any resolution to this. I've been having the same issue for months now and can't seem to find any help anywhere. Premiere crashes each time I import or scrub through Sony A7siii H265 4:2:0 footage. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. I cannot even import a single File of my Sony XAVC-HS 422 10 Bit UHD. Not through the media browser, right click or drag and drop. Link on project creation makes everything crash. And all the other ways the progress bar is just stuck - there is no progress even after half an hour. Did you find any solution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fixed it. Sony Catalyst Prepare plugin was the cause. Uninstalled it, now everything works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines