• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sorting by label/color results in haphazard ordering

Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anybody know how sorting by label/color actually works?

I have a project where I gave a quality label rating to clips - 5 labels from bad to good, ordred serially in label prefs, and named with ascending prefixes of 1,2,3,4,5

When I sort by label (by clicking on the upper left most column headingin the project panel to sort), the resulitng list of clips is ordered totally haphazardly - like this: 4,2,3,5,1. They are grouped at least but otherwise not super useful. My best "5" clips are right next to my worst "1" clips.

Anybody know what's going on here? Both my names and their order in the label prefs list are in a sensible ascending order, but the resulting sort is clearly not. I'm on a Mac with the very latest 2020 version of Premiere.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just discovered this too. I was labeling clips thinking I could sort them in the order that the colors appear on the label dropdown, then I thought it must be alphabetical, then I realized there is no discernable order to the sort. But there must be SOME order, because it reverses it when you re-click above the column. What is it?????

A nice feature add would be the ability to specify the order in the Label preference pane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines