Highlighted

Sorting media by Media Start with 25fps and 50fps clips.

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a 2 camera production (both Arri Alexa Classics), the project frame rate is 25fps and we often shoot at 50fps. 

I need to make a simple sequence of everything that was shot in a particular day, and have it in shooting order (eg: starting with Slate 1, and continuing to Slate 50 at the end of the day).

When all the clips are 25fps, I sort the media by Media Start and drag and drop everything onto the timeline and all the clips appear in shooting order.

However when we have some 25fps clips and some 50fps clips, the clips are all out of shooting order.

Is there a way I can ensure the different frame rates still appear in shooting order on the timeline with different frame rates? Or do I need to add these clips manually? 

TOPICS
Editing, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Sorting media by Media Start with 25fps and 50fps clips.

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a 2 camera production (both Arri Alexa Classics), the project frame rate is 25fps and we often shoot at 50fps. 

I need to make a simple sequence of everything that was shot in a particular day, and have it in shooting order (eg: starting with Slate 1, and continuing to Slate 50 at the end of the day).

When all the clips are 25fps, I sort the media by Media Start and drag and drop everything onto the timeline and all the clips appear in shooting order.

However when we have some 25fps clips and some 50fps clips, the clips are all out of shooting order.

Is there a way I can ensure the different frame rates still appear in shooting order on the timeline with different frame rates? Or do I need to add these clips manually? 

TOPICS
Editing, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need to find a metadata field which contains info which you can sort to match the shoot order. This might be Creation Date or possibly clip name or file name, since clips will likely have incremental file names.

Right click the column headers in the project panel and choose Metadata Display. Then enable these columns (and any others which might be useful). You can then sort your footage by these columns and use Automate to Sequence button at the bottom right of the project panel.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0