• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sound goes out of sync on 2nd clip of a long video

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I record a video it breaks it up into separate clips and when I import the clips into premiere pro the first clip sound is in sync but when I play the second clip it is out of sync.  I have tried deleting the cache files and restarted program, I even tried a 3rd party program called Hand Break which did not help.  Does anyone else have this issue and is there a way to fix this

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Apr 13, 2019 Apr 13, 2019

Hi there.  I know it's been a long while for you waiting on an answer.  I hope I can help.

First, understand that MTS is only a PACKET FILE format, which means it's part of a larger file that gets split for reasons related to the file storage format (fat32, ntfs_--yes I mean hard drive formats).  In order to utilize these files as a single file, you need to load the video properly.  Media encoder has had the ability to STITCH such files together since 2016 as far as I know, I believe it was much

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you import the files?

Please post sequence setting and clip in MediaInfo windows in treeview

Also computer specs and exact version of Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What camera was used to record the footage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video camera that I used at Church is a Panasonic 4K I will have to find out the rest as the camera belongs to our Church and I do not have access until Sundays.  I don't thnk it has anything to do with the camera as when I was using older versions of Premiere Pro it did not do this.  I was thinking that my fps or timing was off however the first clip of the two stays in sync.  It is when it goes past the cut and into the next video that it goes out.  I have version 12.0.1 should be the latest update. 

I use the memory card out of the camera and plug into a memory card reader

I am using Windows 10 Pro if that makes a difference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.

Are these .mp4, .mov or .mts files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright.

1. Copy the entire media card to the hard drive as a first step.  Don't use any special software for this, use only Windows Explorer.

2. Use the Media Browser in Premiere Pro for all import operations.

You can use the link below if you need to search for more data.

Adobe Premiere Pro Learn & Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 13, 2019 Apr 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there.  I know it's been a long while for you waiting on an answer.  I hope I can help.

First, understand that MTS is only a PACKET FILE format, which means it's part of a larger file that gets split for reasons related to the file storage format (fat32, ntfs_--yes I mean hard drive formats).  In order to utilize these files as a single file, you need to load the video properly.  Media encoder has had the ability to STITCH such files together since 2016 as far as I know, I believe it was much earlier.  Adobe media encoder comes with any video capable Adobe App and will fix this for you.  You should get one long file, which is easily utilized in Premiere.  Before you do this let me make one more suggestion...  When you tell it to stitch them, open the preset it uses and check the time interpolation setting near the bottom of the window.  Set it to Frame Blending.  IF you select Frame Sampling, you could have the same audio problem.  See below if you want to know why.

Now lets tackle your audio problem...

When you mention your video format, Immediately my mind is going to "Sony, Panasonic, Canon... Some kind of small camcorder".  These use a format that will DROP FRAMES THAT ARE FLAGGED as camera shake.  By DROP I mean they don't record the frame at all, just note that it's missing.  Some NLE's will try and handle this on the fly, by forcing an ingest step when you load the video, and they'll work just fine, but Premiere isn't like that.  It's what is called a FRAME ACCURATE NLE, which means it will take whatever you give it and never ask any questions.  This is done for speed of startup and access, so you start editing as soon as you open the app rather than messing with your assets (files).  So your problem then is that you are missing several frames.  Lay them all out on the timeline, they will look normal.  Play them back, and the audio falls out of sync.  This is because the background engine for audio and video only plays back each frame in succession at the specified rate; with some frames missing, those spots play back faster than the audio does, and the two streams no longer line up properly.  You cannot fix this on output.  GARBAGE IN, GARBAGE OUT.

Adobe didn't break it, but they did give you everything you need to fix it:

There are many apps I use for a project.  When I start out, I use all kinds of apps to work on scripts, event list sheets, shoot sheets.  The video tells a story right?  I have to have some idea where to start and where it ends.  I do the same in my editing steps.

I use everything adobe offers.  I use prelude, import the video, then use Media encoder to transcode with fixes for frames, and a backup file, along with audio rips, just in case.  You can probably just use Media encoder, transcode the files by allowing it to choose a setting and then set your own frame rate (uncheck the box next to it for matching the original--then set it yourself to match by numbers, without the checkbox), then check to make sure time interpolation is frame blending (best For general use).  Sampling won't work as well, though it will be faster, and optical flow is for more complex things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines