• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sound stop suddenly in multi cameras sequences

Explorer ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From today, when playing a multicamera sequence on the timeline, the sound stops (including the vumeter) and returns only after a few seconds.

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, it happen in any sequence 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seconds-in-premi...

If that doesn't work,try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site. If NVIDIA, do a clean install of the latest Studio Driver (NOT the Game Driver)
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-fix-for-nvidia-gpu-crashes-when-using-a-laptop-on-wi....

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Also, please help us help you:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-what-information-should-i-provide-when-asking-a-ques...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to only happen if I use clips that are on an external drive, but I have edited exactly the same projects and this never happened to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the complete computer specs, including hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19042) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor (21 CPUs), ~3.8GHz
Memory: 32768MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 32682MB RAM
Page File: 13754MB used, 37358MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 12

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Type: Full Device (POST)

Drive: A:(Adobe suite installed here and usually from where I edit, not this time because the amount of material)
Free Space: 511.1 GB
Total Space: 953.9 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB

Drive: C: (OS disk)
Free Space: 200.6 GB
Total Space: 475.8 GB
Model: WDC WDS500G2B0B-00YS70

Drive: D:
Free Space: 83.5 GB
Total Space: 476.9 GB
Model: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB

Drive: E:
Free Space: 25.9 GB
Total Space: 476.9 GB
File System: exFAT
Model: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB

Drive: F:
Free Space: 0.3 GB
Model: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB

Drive: G:
Free Space: 680.6 GB
Total Space: 2861.5 GB
Model: WDC WD30 EZRX-22D8PB0 USB Device

Drive: H: (source clips are here)
Free Space: 405.1 GB
Total Space: 3815.4 GB
Model: WD Elements 2621 USB Device

Drive: I:
Free Space: 0.6 GB
Model: SanDisk SSD PLUS 1000GB USB Device

Drive: J:
Free Space: 1186.4 GB
Total Space: 3815.4 GB
Model: WD Elements SE 2623 USB Device

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you might try changing the renderer setting in your project settings: general panel...  sometimes helps

generally you should make sure that you have at least 10% free space on all drives and 20% on your startup drive.  Several of your drives have less than 10% free and Drives e, f and i is seriously overloaded.   Also, although you would think the ssd's would last forever because there are no moving mechanical parts, this is not the case.  They have a limited number of read/writes and I suspect that sometimes they fail for other reasons.   You might find a drive speed test app and see what kind of read/write speeds you're getting.    Can't promise this is the source of your problems, but you might want to fix the drive space issue before proceeding.  If you simply move files between the drives, while premiere is not running, when you relaunch premiere and the project, you will need to relink the media.  Premiere does an amazing job finding and relinking files IF the files have unique names.  If not, I'd suggest you be a little more methodical on this, for example moving at lesat 100 gigs of files from drive i to drive j to a folder called something like "files moved from drive i."  It will be pretty simple to limit the search for the missing files to that folder on drive j.

If you need help with any of this, post back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, thanks, i'm not using the disks that are full. Im using the external drive H, i know that it isn't a speedy disk, buti edit a similar project from an identical disk the last month and this didn't happen. i'll find the way to move the material to a faster disk, i need 1,2t :S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One does not install and edit from the same drive

Adobe needs to be installed on the boot drive being drive C.

Edit from a SSD drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann's making 2 points here, one of which is true and the other, a matter of opinion.   Most complex applications require that they be installed on the boot drive.   As to why?  not sure it matters....  but feel free to google the question and fall down the rabbit hole.  Just learning Premiere is complicated enough.   As far as not keeping your media on the startup drive, that is a good rule, but not a commandment.   Just gonna make a more efficient system if it's looking for instructions on one drive and media on another... but there are situations where I do keep some media on my startup drive.    There are 2 schools of thought (well maybe more than that) on how to teach efficient editing (in premiere or on any other editing software).  One is to tell people that there's a certain way to work and to vary from that is to make a mistake.  I prefer to describe the pros and cons and let people make their own choices (and mistakes).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok thanks good to know, unfortunelly nowadays, there comes a time when you can't stop to think where you keep the material. You can only download the card where you can, edit the job in 3 hours, send it and and repeat again 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines