Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PC: MSI GE62 6QC Apache

GPU: NVIDIA GTX960M

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700HQ

RAM: 16GB

64-bit OS, x64-based processor

I recently gave my laptop a factory reset as it was struggling to perform (slow and noisy.)

I've since re-installed Adobe CC and am running the latest version of Premiere Pro. I've updated the driver for the GPU using 'GeForce Experience' updates and Windows 10 is also running on the latest update.

Some things I have tried to fix the issue and other notes:

1) Changing renderer within project settings (CUDA/CL/Engine Software Only)

2) Reverting to older GPU driver but Windows 10 update means not compatible?

3) No longer have older builds of Premiere Pro to roll back to.

4) Selecting 'No input' on MME audio hardware (this seemed to work temporarily but issues soon came back)

5) Not using dual monitors - things seem to be fine when just using laptop screen but not long after switching to dual monitors, program and source monitors go blank again (can scroll through sequence and hear audio but black screen on both program and studio monitors) Checking both monitors in playback preferences only seems to make things worse (second monitor screen goes completely black other than visible cursor.)

6) Still have issues when only using laptop screen - when using Graphics titles have to switch from Mercury CUDA to Engine Software Only or Program Monitor is black unless playing.

7) When these issues occur and I shut down Premiere, I can no longer use Start Menu or Taskbar and have to CTRL, ALT DELETE to restart.

8) Only seems to be Game Ready driver for my graphics card - can't find dedicated Studio Driver.

9) Pointing application to NVIDIA driver rather than Intel from NVIDIA control panel - problem still present.

10) I know there are other things I've tried through searching forums but haven't kept a comprehensive list - so the above is most of what I can remember!

Can anyone help me solve this? It's driving me crazy. I really need to be able to use an extra monitor for editing! Am limping along on projects, constantly having to restart PC.

Is it just that my GPU is too old for all these updates? If so, how can I roll back and what is the best roll-back combination? (OS / software / drivers)

No errors or compatibility warnings are popping up on launching Premiere or otherwise.

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Editing, Freeze or hang, Hardware or GPU, Performance, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Source & Program monitors black/blank screen

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PC: MSI GE62 6QC Apache

GPU: NVIDIA GTX960M

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700HQ

RAM: 16GB

64-bit OS, x64-based processor

I recently gave my laptop a factory reset as it was struggling to perform (slow and noisy.)

I've since re-installed Adobe CC and am running the latest version of Premiere Pro. I've updated the driver for the GPU using 'GeForce Experience' updates and Windows 10 is also running on the latest update.

Some things I have tried to fix the issue and other notes:

1) Changing renderer within project settings (CUDA/CL/Engine Software Only)

2) Reverting to older GPU driver but Windows 10 update means not compatible?

3) No longer have older builds of Premiere Pro to roll back to.

4) Selecting 'No input' on MME audio hardware (this seemed to work temporarily but issues soon came back)

5) Not using dual monitors - things seem to be fine when just using laptop screen but not long after switching to dual monitors, program and source monitors go blank again (can scroll through sequence and hear audio but black screen on both program and studio monitors) Checking both monitors in playback preferences only seems to make things worse (second monitor screen goes completely black other than visible cursor.)

6) Still have issues when only using laptop screen - when using Graphics titles have to switch from Mercury CUDA to Engine Software Only or Program Monitor is black unless playing.

7) When these issues occur and I shut down Premiere, I can no longer use Start Menu or Taskbar and have to CTRL, ALT DELETE to restart.

8) Only seems to be Game Ready driver for my graphics card - can't find dedicated Studio Driver.

9) Pointing application to NVIDIA driver rather than Intel from NVIDIA control panel - problem still present.

10) I know there are other things I've tried through searching forums but haven't kept a comprehensive list - so the above is most of what I can remember!

Can anyone help me solve this? It's driving me crazy. I really need to be able to use an extra monitor for editing! Am limping along on projects, constantly having to restart PC.

Is it just that my GPU is too old for all these updates? If so, how can I roll back and what is the best roll-back combination? (OS / software / drivers)

No errors or compatibility warnings are popping up on launching Premiere or otherwise.

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Editing, Freeze or hang, Hardware or GPU, Performance, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 07, 2020 0

Have something to add?