• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Source Window - Timeline is covered by scroll bar - Premiere Pro CC 2018

Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my source window the timeline randomly gets covered up by the scroll bar.  (not sure I've got the proper names here).  This has been happening for the past few weeks. Screen grab attached.

Only solution I can find is to relaunch the program.  Perhaps there's a bug that needs to be fixed on the next update?  Any advice or tips would be happily accepted.

I'm using the latest version of Premiere Pro CC and Windows 10 x64.

2017 Alienware 17R4

Intel i7-7820HK

32GB Ram

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5X

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would definitely not consider a missing scroll bar as a "non-critical" issue...

Regarding the long bug list in many apps, I find the cloud and fast internet has in some respect brought many convenience improvements to the update process, but in many ways, it has also become a curse.

Its not just Adobe. I am having issues with almost all software manufactures. Keyword "Windows Update Nightmare" just to mention another problem we have to deal with. I really can't remember that I have spend so much of my limited productive time researching software issues, spending time in forums or with software support teams, as in the past three years. The fact that companies can now send updates whenever and how often they want at much lower costs, has led to extremely sloppy updates. At high costs for us users.

We are now facing corrupt features more and more... When they finally get fixed, new corrupted features and issues are introduced and so on. Its becoming a real issue for me and my hunch is, for many others too. Plus, I now have to spend hours updating my knowledge of new features with endless tutorials. Again, if you are working with one app, it might be bearable. But not in my case. I have a multimedia studio and need to work with many apps. It's become a never ending story and its cutting my productive "up-time" down considerably.

New features, it might be argued, will improve your productivity. But these feature enhancements are in no relation to the time I am currently loosing with instabilities introduced with bad updates. I wish companies would just cool down and start to introduce best practices regarding updates and will start to understand that we need stability more then anything now.

Before, software updates were well conducted and implemented thoughtfully. Now its like: "Lets get the update out there and who cares if it doesn't work for a minority of users, we can always add new updates later on". 

Making all things new might be a good argument for share holders, but its a bad idea for the end user and our stable systems. Its time to start reflecting on the needs of the user again. That's said, don't create anymore updates at the cost of stability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of the above probably falls into "The Curse of Modern Life".

Yea.

Compared to say, the app crashes on opening every time, a missing scroll-bar becomes an annoyance. It ... depends, right?

Some of the Adobe CC apps allow us to 'sync' personal settings/workspaces and such. Others, like Audition, don't. Arghhh!

The last couple releases of Pr haven't had very many new things. Mostly it's been filling out current tools (that oft needed the extra function desperately) and ... pushing after bug fixes. Comparing say forum activity here after the last what ... 10 different releases/updates/upgrades ... this last one didn't get hardly any increased traffic at all.

Three/four releases back, the typical result of a 'drop' of a new release was a TON of new posts per hour. So it seems they're working more on that than on new stuff. What they really need right now though is (to me) just more bodies. There's some functionality that has major problems, like the open/closed captions, that need rebuilding. Some other areas also. While ... pushing also after more bugs and bad behaviors that may have even gone back a couple releases.

So ... it's really "both". But that requires an adequate sized staff to accomplish. I wish the corporate heads would agree with me. Sigh.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having the same issue.  I've tried updating PR hoping everytime it may get fixed...at this point it's just something I've accepted that i will have to restart my project file a few times each day to get the scroll bar back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's ... stupid. Thankfully not a crucial broken-project issue, but ... stupid to have. Annoying. And I suppose nothing like "Workspaces/Reset to saved layout" or closing the Source panel, reopening it work ...

Hope that gets sorted.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you filed this issue on User Voice? Otherwise, the issue might be flying under the radar. Premiere Pro: Hot (4739 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue - much later....still not fixed.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a nuisance. Close window and the double click on a clip in the timeline: works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad I found this thread and see that I am not the only one having this issue. I have experienced this on three different machines, most recently a completely new PC build. It is annoying when it happens and I have not been able to determine a specific sequence of events that seem to trigger it.  I have had it happen in both the Source and Program views and typically requires closing the program entirely to correct it (at least for me). I had previously opened a case or two with Adobe on it and because it wasn't immediately reproducable, they closed the case.

DrLoveTN_0-1604124945774.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me its mostly with audio files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hopa!

i have the same annoying issue here, but i think i've found a work around!

in the keyboard shortcut menu, i've assigned a shortcut to the command 'close' under application/file (alt+3 in my case). that would close every panel which is highlighted such as the sorce panel. then, i assigned another command in the keyboard shortcut menu for 'source monitor' under application/window (ctrl+3 for me). then, every time that bug occurs, it's a matter of two keyboard clicks (alt3, ctrl3), and your monitor is back to normal 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines