• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Speed duration error: cannot reset to 100%

Participant ,
Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am slowing down some clips. Occasionally I try them out at 50% and then change my mind and go back to 100%. Never in the past have I had any issue with this, and suddenly, I cannot go back. I type in 50% and the clip is slowed down, but as soon as I type in 100% the program defaults to 3.61% and nothing I can do other than deleting the clip from the timeline and replacing it will fix it.

Here is a very short video illustration of what I am talking about, since it is easier to see than explain:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2019 Apr 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah... This is is because PP limits the duration of one clip to 24 hours. If PP feels that the clip is long and might risk of going over 24 hours, It automatically limits the value of the speed to whatever reflects a duration less than 24 hours. And it unfortunately does that the second you attempt to type.

In your case, by making it 50% the duration became a bit over one 1h, and PP got scared when you tried to reset the speed thinking you might make it longer than 24 hours, and it automatically applied the 3.61% which makes the duration just below 24 hours.

Luckily, there is many simple effortless workarounds until a patch is released.

1- When the value defaults to 3.61, keep typing anyway. Type "100" and then delete the other numbers (Press delete instead of backspace)

2- Unlink speed and duration (Click on the little chain that is between them). you will have to roll out the clip in the timeline afterwards.

3- Shorten your clip on the timeline, then try to apply speed/duration.

I'm not 100% sure if this is a bug or normal behavior, hoping Kevin-Monahan​ can pitch in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still no patch. Just as broken as ever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines