• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Speed/Duration Playback Issue in Premiere Pro 2020

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When remapping speed using the speed/duration function, it is unable to playback correctly in the timeline.

However, the clips still export correctly. The problem is simply with playback after speed is changed. I've tested across different machines and projects, and the problem is across the board.

Please fix!

Thanks,

Brandon

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if you render the clip first?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting I/O points and rendering the clip does allow for normal playback, yes.

However, I see this as a temporary solution, as we should be able to play back time remaps without rendering and storing excessive video previews. Hopefully Adobe addresses in an update soon.

But still thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'l having the same issue wuth speed duation function too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, any sort of speed ramp or speeding up doesn't play back.

Imported the files into 2019 version and it all worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Here! Everything worked fine in PP2019 but same clips have playback issues in 2020. I updated my OS and that didnt seem to help. The issue is bad with 60FPS clips and especially bad with 120FPS clips. Ive noticed that this only occurs when I speed the clip up, seems to playback fine when I'm slowing it down. Is this a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it certainly seems to be a bug. Adobe please address!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Still not fixed.....!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem. Major issues with speed ups as everything gets messed up as soon as that problem occurs (can't preview the speed up part, timeline marker doesn't move with playback, waveform of the audio glitches, saving issues etc). Switching away from the (CUDA) renderer and restart the project does help, but then the project gets a rough to work with as it doesn't save any previews.

Please fix this Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. 

Sometimes the timeline also plays at 2x speed for me, but that somehow got fixed on its own. This one is driving me crazy though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue since a few days ago, it's extremely annoying!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nest your clip first before time remapping/ speedduration.

It works for me. But it would be better if we dont have to deal with nest lol

Hope it helps, Thank me later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue, i get this error message

"A low-level exception occurred in: Adobe Player (Player:11)"

Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 3.48.05 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stiiiiillll not fixed for me. Works fine up to (speed/duration change or time remap) 150% of 120fps footage. Then playback just freezes through the whole clip. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, this should be fixed since I've had the same issues on 3 computers
(PC + MAC) so I'm pretty sure it's a bug and not hardware/settings issue.
Robert A. Cuadra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over two months now without a fix, kind of crazy for such an important feature. It's been very inconvenient for our video team. Keep commenting everyone, hopefully Adobe will take notice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am soooo sick of this.  I use Speed Ramps a lot, and can't even open Premiere anymore without wanting to punch a hole in my monitor.  I've commented all over the internet for a solution, and nothing.  Adobe needs to get it together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is by no means "ok" but I'm with you and am a bit of a time remap fanatic, so a workaround I found that sort of works is if you just click and drag the timeline cursor (idk the proper term, just the big line that shows you where the vid will start playing) you can use the audio play back to drag it at a speed that sounds about like real time. If you do that on a time remapped clip, it should play back as you edited it and in "real ish" time. I tested it a lot before I used it on a paid project and each time I did it, exported the final video and watched it back, it was good and as intended.

Pretty dumb workaround, but it's better than keeping 2 versions of premiere installed and all the exporting/importing back and forth nonsense that seems to be the only other option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's defintely an interesting work-around haha.  I will give it a shot!  I've been stuck bouncing between two versions of Premiere as of late, so maybe this will be my fix for now. 

Just to give an update, they are aware of this issue now.  I don't think anyone was posting about this particular issue in a place where the Adobe techs acutally check.  I posted it on another forum, and they responded to me, and I did a video call with them showing the issue and explaining exactly how to replicate it, sent them the footage I was using and everything.  They told me they will hopefully find and fix the issue, but it may take a while to make it to an official update of Premiere.  So sounds like we still have to play the waiting game, but I at least feel good that they are aware of the issue and are working on it.

I heard of another fix that I haven't tested yet, but figured I'd mention here.  I heard that if you don't "Interpret Footage" and just manually slow every clip down to the correct % (i.e if you shoot at 60fps and have a 24fps timeline, it would be 40%), then speed ramp and edit from there, it works as it should.  I haven't tested this yet myself however, but was planning to test on my next project.  Just figured I'd throw that out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you guys want to be seen by the Premiere Pro engineers you need to upvote / post on "UserVoice".

Below is a link to a thread where an adobe engineer has already replied, but it only has three votes currently. It's the first one I found using 'time remapping' in the search box, lower right.

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/39120262-speedramp-in-premi...

FWIW: This is a user to user forum, except for a few, we are not adobe employees

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this, just went and commented on the link you provided.  I can't believe nobody has contacted any devs about this still however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One temporary fix I found is switching my sequence settings from CUDA to "Software only" when applying speed ramp. I came across a similar issue. I went back to CUDA when I exported and everything came out fine. The only problem was I had to render my clip every time for steady playback when doing this in Software only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have tried this, but then it slows other parts of the timeline not being able to use CUDA cores that I have an expensive GPU for haha.  Thanks for mentioning this however!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines