Highlighted

Speed/Duration Playback Issue in Premiere Pro 2020

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When remapping speed using the speed/duration function, it is unable to playback correctly in the timeline.

However, the clips still export correctly. The problem is simply with playback after speed is changed. I've tested across different machines and projects, and the problem is across the board.

Please fix!

Thanks,

Brandon

TOPICS
Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Speed/Duration Playback Issue in Premiere Pro 2020

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When remapping speed using the speed/duration function, it is unable to playback correctly in the timeline.

However, the clips still export correctly. The problem is simply with playback after speed is changed. I've tested across different machines and projects, and the problem is across the board.

Please fix!

Thanks,

Brandon

TOPICS
Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 06, 2019 13
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if you render the clip first?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting I/O points and rendering the clip does allow for normal playback, yes.

However, I see this as a temporary solution, as we should be able to play back time remaps without rendering and storing excessive video previews. Hopefully Adobe addresses in an update soon.

But still thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2019 2
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2019 1
Participant ,
Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'l having the same issue wuth speed duation function too.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, any sort of speed ramp or speeding up doesn't play back.

Imported the files into 2019 version and it all worked fine.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Here! Everything worked fine in PP2019 but same clips have playback issues in 2020. I updated my OS and that didnt seem to help. The issue is bad with 60FPS clips and especially bad with 120FPS clips. Ive noticed that this only occurs when I speed the clip up, seems to playback fine when I'm slowing it down. Is this a bug?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it certainly seems to be a bug. Adobe please address!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2019 0