• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Speed/Duration: "Maintain audio pitch" causes audio sequences to come out of sync

Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried this with Adobe's phone support and got shut down because it was a "how-to" question, not a technical one, and I should look on YouTube or use a program more dedicated to audio. I strongly suspect it's actually a bug in Premiere, but maybe someone can help me understand the problem better.

I have 2 audio tracks, which each have their own subsequence in them. The subsequences are the same length. They have the same sequence settings (and are the same Hz). They contain clips from 1 source audio file each, both of which are identical in format and length, and each subsequence contains a complex set of edits. They are aligned on the timeline and perfectly synchronized to each other so that they sound how I want them.

If I use Speed/Duration to increase the speed of both clips by the same amount, they remain perfectly synchronized.

But if I check the box "Maintain audio pitch", they stop being in sync with each other.

I can't understand what could be causing this to happen. If audio clips start playing at 00:10:00 on both subsequences, and I double the speed, those clips should both start playing at 00:05:00, regardless of whether or not I'm maintaining audio pitch. That's clearly not happening, but I'm not sure exactly what is happening.

The tech support rep insisted that this was a "how to" problem, and refused to explain to me how the "Maintain audio pitch" option could affect whether the audio is synched or not. I'm just looking for any insights anyone has as to what is actually happening so I can pre-empt the problem in the future.

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found a workaround for this.

The audio seems to start going out of sync around the 8-10 minute mark of a clip. So what I did was just create a new sequence out of the 30-minute video I was working with, and then go in and make a slice every 5 minutes or so. Then when I preview the sequence the audio presumably "corrects" itself every time there's a slice! Not an ideal solution, but it definitely does the trick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This issue is still alive in 2024

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines