Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Speed ramping and rotation keyframes

New Here ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am speed ramping the hand of a clock (the hand is a seperate image from the clock). I have set two rotation keyframes for the hand, one at the beginning at 0 degrees, and one at the end at 359.9 degrees. This causes the hand to rotate as it would on a real clock however it no longer turns when I apply a speed ramp to the beginning of the clip. When I change the rotation manually with keyframing on, nothing happens even though the degrees change in the effects pannel. When I turn keyframing off, I am able to rotate the image.

Does speed ramping cause keyframes to no longer work?  

Thank you for any input.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Off the top of my head, I didn't think it did, but I could be wrong and admittedly I'm being too lazy to check myself. That said, speed ramping very well likely would change your timing at the very least.

Regardless, you likely could circumvent the issue entirely by keyframing your animation first, either Render and Replace or Nest, and then apply the speed retiming to the Render/Nest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines