• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Speed Ramping/Time Remapping playback dropping frames

Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the update to Premiere Pro 2020 14.0.03, Slow-motion clips with applied time remapping that used to playback fine in timeline, now drop frames with playback.  This is across all projects, regardless of rendered status, preview setting, etc.  Exports look like they are fine, but being able to view these in preview on the timeline, without nesting, etc.. is very important, and was not an issue in previous versions.

In some projects, lowering to 799% would somehow playback a smooth ramp.   Attached clips are an exported clip that shows a smooth ramp, and recording from timeline showing dropped frames.

Adobe is this bug being addressed?

Mac Pro Late 2013

D700s

Clips are 23.98fps (S&Q encoded in camera from 120fps)

Premiere Pro 2020 14.0.03

--- Adobe Creative Suite CC 2020 v 14.7.0 Build 23 Mac Pro, Late 2013 3.0GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5, 1TB PCIe-based Flash Storage 64GB 1866MHz DDR3 ECC - 2 x 16GB, Dual AMD FirePro D700 w/6GB GDDR5 VRAM each
TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do NOT add images via the "attach files" box, as you are then forcing everyone to DOWNLOAD the file to view it outside their browser. Drag/drop the image files directly ONTO your reply box so other users can see them without needing to download unknown strange files.
Video's can be posted on e.g. Youtube.
Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny, I wasn't forcing anyone to do anything - I'm just following the forum design and UI that Adobe built.

--- Adobe Creative Suite CC 2020 v 14.7.0 Build 23 Mac Pro, Late 2013 3.0GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5, 1TB PCIe-based Flash Storage 64GB 1866MHz DDR3 ECC - 2 x 16GB, Dual AMD FirePro D700 w/6GB GDDR5 VRAM each

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What Ann was referring to was that to help you, we'd all have to download the image file onto our computer to see it.

Yea, it's one way within this ... forum (notedly leaving out derogative comments) ... to post images. It's a forum structure that Adobe contracted with as they were leaving the Jive structure of the "old" forums. And the ACPs have been pushing for many changes to make this a far more user-friendly forum structure than it started as.

Adobe has been able to get the company that runs this service to make some changes, thankfully. Some haven't been made yet.

The easiest way to get images "into" your post is simply drag/dropping them onto your text reply area. They should then 'load' into the post, and we can see them without downloading them. Like the example I've added.

Neil

Audio. Trrack Mixer Effects Arrow.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoping someone with some Mac experience pops in here ... but I'll note that a seven year old rig is ancient in computer terms, and the 14.x versions are needing both more hardware and newer hardware than the 13.x versions did. That could be the issue.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply Neil.  The reasoning that a late 2013 is too old doesn't seem clear to me - the specs were more than enough to handle processing previews of speed ramps before (and much more intensive functions).  I'm not doing any intensive animation or color rendering here.  That the 14.x version can do more, and is capable of taking advantage of better hardware is great and makes sense - but for existing clients and machines to lose functionality on basic operations is very frustrating, and leaves long paying users of Adobe dealing with headaches every new release.   I'd love to understand if there is something about the new architecture of 14.x that makes previewing speed ramps suddenly not possible with a machine like mine, or if it's an example of an engineering team overlooking a bug, and Adobe not being more responsible with new releases.   It's been a month, and no one from Adobe has stepped in here to respond, and calling in to the support center in India just ends up being a waste of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines