Highlighted

Speed scrubbing not working; shows frames from different part of the clip.

New Here ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been shooting in 59.94fps and interpreting it to 23.976fps for years now. I've never had an issue. Now with this latest Premiere update (v14.1), suddenly I can't scrub my footage anymore. I constantly get shown frames from earlier in the clip rather than the frame I'm on. The only way to get the right frame to show is to stop the scrubbing or slow it way down to a crawl. It's making it impossible to edit my footage faster than a snail's pace. I can't afford to lose this much time. My footage format has not changed. The type of camera I use and the settings I use have not changed. The only thing that changed was the update. I always interpret the footage before adding it to my timeline, and I always let Premiere automatically create the right sequence settings by directly dragging my footage to an empty timeline window. I've tried changing the sequence settings, but that doesn't do anything.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Have you found any solutions yet? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Speed scrubbing not working; shows frames from different part of the clip.

New Here ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been shooting in 59.94fps and interpreting it to 23.976fps for years now. I've never had an issue. Now with this latest Premiere update (v14.1), suddenly I can't scrub my footage anymore. I constantly get shown frames from earlier in the clip rather than the frame I'm on. The only way to get the right frame to show is to stop the scrubbing or slow it way down to a crawl. It's making it impossible to edit my footage faster than a snail's pace. I can't afford to lose this much time. My footage format has not changed. The type of camera I use and the settings I use have not changed. The only thing that changed was the update. I always interpret the footage before adding it to my timeline, and I always let Premiere automatically create the right sequence settings by directly dragging my footage to an empty timeline window. I've tried changing the sequence settings, but that doesn't do anything.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Have you found any solutions yet? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 15, 2020 1
New Here ,
May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah man, I just read another post on this forum about someone else having the same issue and apparently he talked to Adobe support and they said it's just a bug with Ver.14 and the only way to correct is downgrade to 13. Such a shame as it just started happening halfway through my project. 😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downgrading is their solution? Such sage advice.

Genuine, honest, serious question (for an Adobe employee if they acutally read this): do you all actually have a quality-control process? or is it the "Move Fast And Break Things" mentality?

Looking into making a permanent move to DaVinci Resolve. And it's free.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact problem, so annoying

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same !!

Since May... We are in september.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seriously. It's absurd this isn't fixed yet. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here with 14.4. Damned Adobe what are you waiting for ??

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0