• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Speed scrubbing not working; shows frames from different part of the clip.

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been shooting in 59.94fps and interpreting it to 23.976fps for years now. I've never had an issue. Now with this latest Premiere update (v14.1), suddenly I can't scrub my footage anymore. I constantly get shown frames from earlier in the clip rather than the frame I'm on. The only way to get the right frame to show is to stop the scrubbing or slow it way down to a crawl. It's making it impossible to edit my footage faster than a snail's pace. I can't afford to lose this much time. My footage format has not changed. The type of camera I use and the settings I use have not changed. The only thing that changed was the update. I always interpret the footage before adding it to my timeline, and I always let Premiere automatically create the right sequence settings by directly dragging my footage to an empty timeline window. I've tried changing the sequence settings, but that doesn't do anything.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Have you found any solutions yet? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah man, I just read another post on this forum about someone else having the same issue and apparently he talked to Adobe support and they said it's just a bug with Ver.14 and the only way to correct is downgrade to 13. Such a shame as it just started happening halfway through my project. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downgrading is their solution? Such sage advice.

Genuine, honest, serious question (for an Adobe employee if they acutally read this): do you all actually have a quality-control process? or is it the "Move Fast And Break Things" mentality?

Looking into making a permanent move to DaVinci Resolve. And it's free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact problem, so annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same !!

Since May... We are in september.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seriously. It's absurd this isn't fixed yet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here with 14.4. Damned Adobe what are you waiting for ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

14.6 and the problem still continues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a pretty unforgiveable bug, but the solution I've found is to nest my clips first... then change their speed. Best of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a pretty simple way of reverting your project back to version 13 without starting over. It's saved me quite a few times at this point, and it's alot simpler than it seems at first glance. Goodluck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the same thing back in May, and have been using version 13 since then. It is really shocking that adobe still did not fix it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

14.7 still hasn't fixed this issue. I have to do a ton of speed ramps and quick cuts and this bug slows me down tremendously. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has also been happening to me since that update. Unacceptable that it hasn't been fixed. I have tried to pester Adobe on it and they have no fix and have almost no idea when I explain it to them. The issue basically undermines the entire point of their NLE. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is the new Quark. Remember them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Word up! Yes this is such an annoying issue! Here's been the only thing that helped me:

Make a time line that matches just the interpreted footage (after interpreting) and have only that same type of interpreted footage in that time line. Then under file - project settings - general switch the Renderer to "Mercury Playback Engine Software Only. At least this stopped my footage from glitching out when scrubbing. Once you've pulled selects from that footage, paste those clips into a main timeline.

I shoot a lot on the a7sii, 4k and HD slow motion. There isn't always time to transcode all footage out in ME, and when dealing with different frame rates transcoding can cause other problems.

Come on Adobe! 😛 I know h.264 is a dELivErY format but premiere shouldn't take a dump when you import some .mp4's! Let's go!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines