Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Split Screen 3 photos with Ken Burns effect

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, 

For an intro shot, I want to have 3 pictures in one frame while i add movement to them using Ken Burns effect to make it more exciting, and not boring. I am not sure how to do this.

Once I croop the photos and try to add movement by using the motion effect, it just moves the whole image around the screen? I need to, in a sense, lock the image into place, so I can move/zoom/slide the image around, while it is still in its place.

I'm wanting to have 1 image take up the top 50% of the screen, and have 2 images take up the bottom 50% of the screen. 25% each, one left and one right if that makes sense.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add clips to timeline (super imposed)

Nest each clip.

Add crop or mask to each nest. (bottom clip usually does not need cropping or nesting)

Go into each nest and add Ken Burns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never used nest before, what is that going to do for me? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to add a ken burns effect to each picture, so each one of them is moving. But I want the actual picture itself to only take up its half, or quarter, of the screen, and not move around the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I explained how to accomplice this but if you have no idea what I am talking about, then I think you should  hit F1 and watch some tutorials and master the basics before venturing on Premiere which has a very high learning curve.

Elements has build in features for this might want to look into this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look, I just needed a little help. What we use this program for work for is pretty simple and im just trying to spice up the video. I've searched a ton of google links and watched a ton of youtube videos on how to do this with no luck. I have even researched nesting before I responded to you and can't see how that helps in what I am trying to do. I was just asking to get some advice. Not a jerk response from the adobe community "professional".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, when you responded and said "clip" I wanted to make sure you knew I was trying to edit a picture and not a video clip. So I just wanted to clarify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines