• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Split Screen While Multicam Editing

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will soon be doing a ton of multicam editing to dramatize Zoom conversations. Each actor will separately record themselves on QuickTime (for better video and audio than Zoom), and then I'll sync their audio in PP to create a unified audio track. I'd like to use PP's multicam editing feature -- it seems easiest -- so toggle between actors, but I will sometimes also want to show them side by side, like a split screen (and eventually add a Zoom-like interface in the background. 

How do I do a split screen while multicam editing? Also, if you have a better approach than anything I wrote above, please don't be shy! Thank you. 

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

You can double click on the multicam sequence in the project panel to get it into the source monitor. Add the multicam button in the source monitor and select it. Set in and out points on the portion of the video you want Click on a camera's video in the source monitor and drag it int the timeline. Click on the other camera in the source monitor and drag it into the timeline above the track for the other clip. Then scale and position the videos to create your split screen.

Hope that this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can double click on the multicam sequence in the project panel to get it into the source monitor. Add the multicam button in the source monitor and select it. Set in and out points on the portion of the video you want Click on a camera's video in the source monitor and drag it int the timeline. Click on the other camera in the source monitor and drag it into the timeline above the track for the other clip. Then scale and position the videos to create your split screen.

Hope that this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so helpful.  I will give this a try once I start getting my media.  Thanks, Rob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hy RobShultz
I'm just doing multicam editing and want to add some split screen effects.
follow your instructions and it worked great. Thanks man

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Daniel H5C40 ,

I don't believe you can do the split screen while doing the multicam edit.

You'll have to that after the multicam edit.

You can go with @RobShultz advice and/or these.

Simply do the split screen in a subsequence for the bits you want, then highlight the cuts you want replaced with the split screen sub, press Alt/Option and drag it over the multicam cut you wish to replace.

good luck

mj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much, mj.  Indeed, Rob responded.  I'm going to take everyone's advice once I start playing around with this.  I'm sure I'll be back for more...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% @Daniel H5C40 ,

Keep us posted on what works out the best for you, ok?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines