Highlighted

Splitting a clip and using keyframes on one portion and not another

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for my beginner question, and I hope I'm not breaking protocol in this forum. I'm having trouble finding the answer to this question online.

I put a clip in the timeline, split it using the razor tool, and drag the beginning of the second section so that they are no longer touching. (I am editing music performance footage, so the content of the clips is necessarily fixed in time relative to the audio track.) How do I use keyframes on the first section of the clip, but not have to continue creating keyframes to set the same parameter on the second section (in which there is no need for change of that parameter)?

Thank you in advance to anyone who takes the time to help me out.

-Russell

TOPICS
Editing, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Splitting a clip and using keyframes on one portion and not another

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for my beginner question, and I hope I'm not breaking protocol in this forum. I'm having trouble finding the answer to this question online.

I put a clip in the timeline, split it using the razor tool, and drag the beginning of the second section so that they are no longer touching. (I am editing music performance footage, so the content of the clips is necessarily fixed in time relative to the audio track.) How do I use keyframes on the first section of the clip, but not have to continue creating keyframes to set the same parameter on the second section (in which there is no need for change of that parameter)?

Thank you in advance to anyone who takes the time to help me out.

-Russell

TOPICS
Editing, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're using keyframes based on the clip bit on the sequence that they are created on. There's no way to do what you're asking, as how would the app track that?

You could use the Track Mixer, and set a track to 'write' mode, and any change you make in the 

Track mixer for that track writes keyframes that are for the track. So ... if you move a clip creating space, the audio settings applying to that clip would still be what they were before moving. Unless of course you put something else in between on that track ...

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2020 0