Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.SRT file changes when imported into Premiere Pro 15.05

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I have been working with Premiere Pro for over 10 years, making short form documentry style videos. However this new version of creating captions in PPro has stumped me. I am finding it a bit buggy.

I have for years been creating an .SRT file from YouTube and then exporting this file as an .SRT to use in Premiere Pro - but today since updating to version 15.05 none of the changes (the capital letters, the removal of duplicated words etc) has come across - I have to go into every single caption and correct where the changes haven't been picked up. I think there must be some kind of Auto transcribe feature turned on - but I don't have any buttons to change this if this is the case.

Also, when I open the text window there are no options - I have to choose the manually import a file or add new captions.

The most pressing issue I have is why is the .SRT file not retaining the changes - the correct grammar and puctuation that is in the file - why does it revert to all lower case and duplicate words etc. ? And how can I solve this issue?

Any help much appreciated,

Minah

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Import , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

The new caption workflow has a learning curve and has some new limitations (and new features!), but I see no way this should happen. PR is doing nothing when it imports srt that would change the actual letters used (e.g. capitalized vs lower case). 

So first, confirm that you have opened the srt you are importing and check to see that your version has the changes. I'm assuming you made the changes in Youtube and then exported?

There is a transcription feature that is still in Beta. You can r

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - I mean Premiere Pro version 15.1.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new caption workflow has a learning curve and has some new limitations (and new features!), but I see no way this should happen. PR is doing nothing when it imports srt that would change the actual letters used (e.g. capitalized vs lower case). 

So first, confirm that you have opened the srt you are importing and check to see that your version has the changes. I'm assuming you made the changes in Youtube and then exported?

There is a transcription feature that is still in Beta. You can request special access, but it is not on by default. And you must click "Transcribe" to get it to work. There is nothing automatic.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I feel a bit silly... when I checked the.SRT in the text window it hadn't retained the changes, so I think for some reason I was downloading the wrong .SRT from YouTube.

Thanks again! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad this helped. I learned of such problems by making the same errors - silly and otherwise!

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines