• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SRT File exporting too short

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created open captions for a 9 minute episode, but the SRT file is only exporting the first 46 seconds of it and nothing else. I have tried everything and nothing seems to be working. Has anyone else had this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only seeing the first 18 lines and nothing after

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the last caption that exported and the first caption that did not: do you have a blank line? or a completely blank caption? Also, look for "odd" characters.

How are you checking to see what exported? Look at it in a text editor. The more common problem is that PR does not import a whole file with such problems. 

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stan,

Nope 😕 I tried re-typing the last and following caption last night and still no dice. There are no blank captions, no odd characters or anything like that. I am opening the SRT in TextEdit which is where I am only seeing the 18 lines.

Also, not sure if this is a clue for anyone, but when I create a new sequence and drag the captions layer in from the project window, the layer cuts off around the same location as it does on the SRT file. Not sure how or why though.

Please let me know if you have any other ideas, I have tried absolutely everything!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a) Are you creating the caption stream in PR from scratch? Or b) importing .srt or similar?

If a), PR may create a media cache (vs preview?) file to work from, and if it is corrupt, this might account for what you see. As a test, start a new test project, and see what happens in that one.

If b), can you paste from the .srt file here - 2 captions before through 2 captions after the problem.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A-  creating captions from scratch!

A- I did import the captions into a new project and still got the same result

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are creating the captions from scratch, you can't import them to another project: you can only import the bad export.

As a first test, create the new test project, add the video and new sequence. Then creat the caption stream, then type the two captions before and after the problem point.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im saying I pulled my captions layer into the new project and sequence and re-typed the problem caption points

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The test I'm looking for needs to avoid any dependence on your existing caption stream. If you pulled it across, you must have had the existing project open also. Close that one while you create the new test.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines