• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SRT Files Incomplete Upon Import - 2020 vs 2019?

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to bring captions files created in a Premiere 2020 project back into a 2019 project. I've already tried the method of removing extra spaces and any weird characters via text edit using SRT cleaner...But when I try and import it into my 2019 project half of the captions are still gone. The odd thing is, if I import it into the 2020 project it's totally fine.  

I'm at a loss as to how to fix this.

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What specific dot version of 2020? Also 2019. I don't know of any changes that would account for this.

You are exporting .srt from PR 2020? And importing them to 2019?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure how to tell what version it was created in? But I'm opening it in 2020  v14.3.1. My edit project is in 2019 v13.1.5.

After researching some, I think it's some bugginess within Premiere's captions tool. I ended up adjusting all the start/end time codes for any captions that were one directly after the other and deleting accidental spaces by hand in the 2020 project. Then re-exported and brought into 2019 which seemed to fix the issue- still was a cumbersome and timesuck of a process. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hard to tell. Glad you found a way to make it work!

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines