Highlighted

Starting Media at 00;01;00;00 on a drop frame sequence

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm fairly new to dropframe sequences but I have a project destined for Broadcast and they've asked it delivered 29.97 dropframe. I can only get it to start my media after bars, slate and countdown at the 00;01;00;02 mark. Is this expected when they are asking for this frame rate or am I missing something? 

thanks

G-

TOPICS
Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Starting Media at 00;01;00;00 on a drop frame sequence

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm fairly new to dropframe sequences but I have a project destined for Broadcast and they've asked it delivered 29.97 dropframe. I can only get it to start my media after bars, slate and countdown at the 00;01;00;02 mark. Is this expected when they are asking for this frame rate or am I missing something? 

thanks

G-

TOPICS
Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

generally, if you're adding a minute of bars and tone and a 10 second countdown which ends at 8 seconds with a single frame of 2 with one frame of audio tone   and 2 seconds of black, you start your sequence timecode at 58:50:00 so your program starts at 1 hr... at least if my ancient brain remembers correclty.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2020 1
G-RISING LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha. Yes their guidelines are a little bit confusing.  I swallowed my pride and asked someone at the network. His response was "2 frames never killed anyone" so, I guess I'm going to deliver the start of media at the 00;01;00;02 mark. 🤷🏽‍:male_sign:

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 0