Highlighted

Static Noise in Premiere Pro (no matter what audio file I use)!

Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a HUGE problem that I've never seen anything like in Adobe Premiere Pro:

No matter what type of audio I put (whether it's a sound effect or my voice WITHOUT any background noise) it ends up turning into static whenever I import the wav, mp3, and mp4 files into Premiere Pro. 

If there was a way I could show a comparison of what the audio sounds like before importing and after the import, then maybe it could be easier.

Please help me in any way that you can.

I don't know why but when I export without touching the settings, the static from the audio unexpectedly clears up.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Static Noise in Premiere Pro (no matter what audio file I use)!

Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a HUGE problem that I've never seen anything like in Adobe Premiere Pro:

No matter what type of audio I put (whether it's a sound effect or my voice WITHOUT any background noise) it ends up turning into static whenever I import the wav, mp3, and mp4 files into Premiere Pro. 

If there was a way I could show a comparison of what the audio sounds like before importing and after the import, then maybe it could be easier.

Please help me in any way that you can.

I don't know why but when I export without touching the settings, the static from the audio unexpectedly clears up.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 30, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your audio hardware settings in the Preferences dialog? Give us a screen-grab.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 30, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here it is, R Neil Haugen.  I know something smells fishy.

Premiere Proof.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 30, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really don't know what the problem is.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 30, 2018 0
Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try changing some things. First thing I would do is set default input to none.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 30, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just set it to "No Input".              

Now what?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 30, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, it's still static.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 30, 2018 0
Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try changing the other settings. Maybe even unplug the USB mic.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 30, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that but no dice.  It's still the same static.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 30, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I can't touch any other settings unless I'm told.

This is a huge problem and I can't touch anything unless I'm told how to resolve it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 30, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 30, 2018 0
Explorer ,
May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

marked as answered, but literally starts with "I don't know why" Having the same problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2019 0
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having the same problems and have no idea how to fix it. Did you ever figure out what was wrong? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have other applications open that have audio being outputed? 

Here is a link to a seperate thread; https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/premiere-mutes-sound-from-background-apps/m-p/10855732#M...

It is an ongoing issue for me; I jump between after effects; premiere and videos with audio from web browsers and I always end up with static. I have been searching for answers for at least a year and no luck. 

Jamie

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is completely INSANE. I've been using Premier, Audition, PS, you name it — for over a decade and NEVER had anything like this! Yes, you can export from Premier and the exported file plays the audio okay. But that is totally unacceptable. How can I demo and work with a team on editing if you have to export every time you want to play a few seconds of a clip?

Originally when this came up today, I coudn't even play a wav file in Premier until I converted it to MP3. The sound plays now but all fidelity is gone. It sounds like a 1960s transistor radio. 

There HAS to be a solution to this! HELP! Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 0
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I_Am_Patrick,

Hey, that's painful ... no question.

Typically the audio mess-ups can be some of the trickier thorns to sort.

It has ranged on the forum here from some driver for a mobo sound app that the user never touches being updated automatically that changed some settings and they fixed it by disabling or deleting the stupid gamer's sound app ... to a plugin "gone rogue" that wasn't actually in use, to a simple missed setting change in the sound hardware options ... to several other things.

One tends to have to start going through all the sound apps and drivers on the computer, and check/recheck the settings within Premiere.

All that said, with the massive array of computer hardware, software, apps, plugins, and media/workflows there is always the possibility you've stumbled onto some bug. So ... starting the troubleshooting ...

What was going on when the change came up? What type of media were you working with, doing what steps in Premiere?

Recent OS updates, or system driver updates, anything?

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 0