Highlighted

Step out of nested clip / subsequence

Guide ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there is a nested clip or a subsequence in the timeline, I can "step into" it by just double clicking.

Is there any technique to "step out"?

If you wonder my question, in Avid MC there is a step in / step out option for subclips and in AE, you can easily open a flowchart to access other compositions of lower or higher hiearchy.

Anything similar in PR?

Thanks!

*Martin

TOPICS
Editing, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Step out of nested clip / subsequence

Guide ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there is a nested clip or a subsequence in the timeline, I can "step into" it by just double clicking.

Is there any technique to "step out"?

If you wonder my question, in Avid MC there is a step in / step out option for subclips and in AE, you can easily open a flowchart to access other compositions of lower or higher hiearchy.

Anything similar in PR?

Thanks!

*Martin

TOPICS
Editing, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont know Avid but step out as putting back the edited clips in the timeline?

If so delete nest and add the nest from the project panel with the settings in the timeline set to individial clips (icon an the far top left of the timeline).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0
Guide ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that's not what I mean.

With step out, I mean what happends when double clicking on a nested clip, but in reverse.

When I double click, it opens the nested clip in the edit window/timeline window and I see all the tracks and the CTI (current time marker) is right in the same position as in the main sequence relative from the in-point of the nested clip.

Now I want to go back to the main sequence, so it closes the timeline of the nested clip, brings me back to the timeline of the main sequence and CTI is in the same position as it was in the nested timeline.

Here is a short video of how it works in Avid: https://youtu.be/L45AnVH4NkQ?t=67

*Martin

Sometimes you need to add more than one effect onto a clip to get that look you're going for. This happens by nesting effects. Watch how to add multiple effe...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0