• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stiiillll getting glitchy scrubbing on interpreted footage in source window..

Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stiiillll getting glitchy scrubbing on interpreted footage in source window..only happens on PP 14.** and up. When using PP 13.** it works perfect. i posted about this a while ago here was my original post;

"Im encountering glitchy/jumpy scrubbing on interpreted footage in source window... 120fps a73 footage, iterpreted to 24fps for slow mo. Never had this issue before. Started happening maybe a month or so ago.

See video example below."

I was told my macbook wasnt powerful enough, so i built a pretty decent editing pc rig, just to have same exact problem lol. I now have a ryzen 5 3600 cpu, 32gb of ram, an 8 gig gpu (rx 580 gts) on windows 10.

Any other suggestions???

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a 5 or 10 second clip you can upload so we can try it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like a raw footage clip from the camera? Yea where can i send it to? Can i upload directly on here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, sorry meant to say 'do you have', I edited it to say that.

A dropbox or google drive link would be good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is why having 2 threads on the same subject gets to be problematical. There are a few comments on the other thread this morning.

So, I've been taking a look at the clip, and I can make it jump when scrubbing quickly and also using jkl on the clips and going to the speed where the audio stops can cause that. I tried handbrake which gave me a 120fps but didn't improve anything. I could only get ME and PP to convert to 60fps, in the end it looks like h.264 scrubbing. You might try UserVoice

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro
User Voice is where the Adobe engineers look for bug reports, enhancement requests, etc. The urgency for bug reports or new features can be judged by how many of us users upvote the requests. You can search for similar requests using the search feature at the lower right. It's best to upvote a request that has some traction (votes) already, and you can upvote and reply to that thread. If you don't find one the matches your request, then enter a new one. Regardless, post a link back here so those seeing this thread can upvote also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same problem. UHD .mp4 59.94 interpreted to 23.976. Crazy glitchy and annoying as hell when manmually scrubbing. Help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turned off CUDA and turned on Software Renderer. Seems to have fixed the issue. GTX 1080 here.

Please fix Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you need to upgrade you GPU driver BUT from the Nvidia website, and not from windows directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe this is still an issue.  I am having the same... 60p to 23.976.  scrubbing clips in source or the timeline has the same jumping issue.  PLEASE help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem. Glad to see its just not me. Well. sort of. I cant edit this job as everything is a HFR clip conformed to 24 so I need to move the project to Resolve. VERY FRUSTRATING. Every time I see a CC update I am hoping this bug is fixed, and its not 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW so it is as known, multiple user problem... I wonder if you interpret the footage in media encoder first and just bring in the new slow 24p footage, would you still, have the same issue?  I will need to try when I get some time. Any one have something to try it with to find out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pr 14.4 (Build 38) and it is STILL a problem. Just tried it again in a new project using 120fps footage from an editing project I finished last week. Didn't want to ruin my timeline. I thought that maybe intreperting footage to 30fps instead of the timeline's 23.976, like I read in another post (albeit outside of Adobe formus) would do the trick, but it didn't, at all.

However, the one method, my method, everyone keeps posting that isn't, I guess, the "standard" of slowing footage down, seems to be the one that works absolutely perfectly, even when scrubbing, and that's to, on the timeline, right click, use the speed/duration option and set the speed percentage down to 20% with optical flow. Done. I don't get people some times lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe - listen up! Please fix this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro
User Voice is where the Adobe engineers look for bug reports, enhancement requests, etc. The urgency for bug reports or new features can be judged by how many of us users upvote the requests. You can search for similar requests using the search feature at the lower right. It's best to upvote a request that has some traction (votes) already, and you can upvote and reply to that thread. If you don't find one the matches your request, then enter a new one. Regardless, post a link back here so those seeing this thread can upvote also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same issue since premiere 14.xxx. I found a workaround that works for me with no bigger effort. Instead of interprate your footage, use the speed duration to do the same Job. The process is very well explained in this video:

https://youtu.be/LDO9RIA_g2Y

Despite all this, I must say that I am annoyed to have to use 30% of my working time to fight against adobe errors and look for solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines