• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Still image color distortion

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i import an image to Premiere Pro CC the colors get distorted, mainly the highligt and shadow areas. I capture my photos in RAW and then i edit them in Camera Raw (Photoshop). I save the photos as jpeg's and then import them into a project in Premiere Pro. When i do that this happends (SEE PICTURE). Exporting the file dosen't help either, the problem remains.

What is this ?!?!

Skärmklipp.PNG 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's typically something out of gamut.

Are you saving the images as sRGB files?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saving the files as sRGB didn't solve the problem. Here's a screenshot of the settings i tried recently.

Skärmklipp.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using "Gray Gamma 1.8" or "Gray Gamma 2.2" makes the image black & white but solves the color distortion problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jared5CDF_0-1605198715554.png

hi bro, go to the project setting and change this, viola its settled

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This totally fixes the problem I'm having (having the same issue) - funny how others on this thread didn't pay attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This fixed it for me as well! Thank you Jared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shooting straight into the sun is hard to do and get good tonality.

You got a couple things going on to figure out...

1) settings you should use for your camera raw files 

2) settings you should use for photoshop 'monitor' color space when saving the raw as jpg

3) settings to use in color correction in PPro ( luma value of white point )

good luck !

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that image you posted is doomed. I put it into resolve and played around... but the blue and pixelation around sun etc. is baked into image and is doomed.... nothing can fix that.

😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a test, go to File > Project Settings > General and set the renderer to Software only.

Any difference?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you need to try bringing down the white point of that image in Photoshop if you can ... Levels or Curves, dropping the white point a bit. See if that's better. Not to get color back there, but those pixels are so far out they're going bizarre in Premiere.

Then ... bring down the White point in Lumetri's RGB Curve and see what it looks like ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil

========

but those pixels are so far out they're going bizarre in Premiere.

========

THAT made me laugh out loud, for real.... thank you... I needed that laugh. It's like a huge understatement.

hehe

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for your answers! I will try what you have suggested but in the meantime here's what the picture looks like before imprting it into Premiere Pro. (Note that this is a screnshot of the original image!)

tes test weagqwregqre.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you have an issue with your gpu.

Update or roll back a driver.

The image shows fine on my machine.

Not overexposed at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying! The image i posted was a screenshot of the original picture and may have effected how your computer handled it. I can take the same file and load it into Premiere just fine without any issues. The problem still remains! 

I want to create a timelapse with the images i have taken. If i use Photoshop to do this it works just fine! I succesfully exported a sequence (H.264) with the tools available in PS (see the attached GIF-file). Why can photoshop handle these images but not Premiere?

GIF4.gif  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post the original one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the picture that comes out of Photoshop. Note that when i download the picture that i just uploaded in this post and put it into Premiere the problem goes away (WEIRD). Maybe there's some compression when uploading to this site.

This mean that you probably wont get the weird glitch/distortion with this picture even though it is the original.  ladda upp till adobe.JPGwtf wtf.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not what I meant,  upload the original image for us to test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi McSenderson,

Do you have the Video Limiter effect applied to the clip with Gamut warning enabled? That can cause this color overlay on the blown-out highlights.

Gamut warning.jpg

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the reply!

No i don't have the Video Limiter effect applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

==========

I capture my photos in RAW and then i edit them in Camera Raw (Photoshop)

==========

this thread is going nowhere fast... IMO. You've been asked to upload the original image... that is the file that came OUT OF YOUR CAMERA. It will be a FILE with some kind of extension ... depending on what camera you used to make the RAW image.... 

do you know how to upload a file ???? There are various ways... like dropbox and google and so on.... cause you can't just drop a file into this forum directly... Figure it out and then someone can put THAT into their own programs ( photoshop or PPro or AE ) and solve your problem maybe...

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This URL will take you to a google drive folder that contains the original picture. It also contains a screenshot with the settings used when saving that  jpeg.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Jbe01-NikaseEHeWWkhyYlOm2hTUcHX2?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need the raw file not the jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The folder is now updated with the raw file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did some minor color correction in Ps, saved is as an png and imported into Premiere. No funny stuff. All looks normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines