Highlighted

Still image color distortion

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i import an image to Premiere Pro CC the colors get distorted, mainly the highligt and shadow areas. I capture my photos in RAW and then i edit them in Camera Raw (Photoshop). I save the photos as jpeg's and then import them into a project in Premiere Pro. When i do that this happends (SEE PICTURE). Exporting the file dosen't help either, the problem remains.

What is this ?!?!

Skärmklipp.PNG 

TOPICS
Error or problem, Export, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Still image color distortion

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i import an image to Premiere Pro CC the colors get distorted, mainly the highligt and shadow areas. I capture my photos in RAW and then i edit them in Camera Raw (Photoshop). I save the photos as jpeg's and then import them into a project in Premiere Pro. When i do that this happends (SEE PICTURE). Exporting the file dosen't help either, the problem remains.

What is this ?!?!

Skärmklipp.PNG 

TOPICS
Error or problem, Export, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's typically something out of gamut.

Are you saving the images as sRGB files?

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2020 2
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saving the files as sRGB didn't solve the problem. Here's a screenshot of the settings i tried recently.

Skärmklipp.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using "Gray Gamma 1.8" or "Gray Gamma 2.2" makes the image black & white but solves the color distortion problem. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jared5CDF_0-1605198715554.png

hi bro, go to the project setting and change this, viola its settled

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2020 0
Advocate ,
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shooting straight into the sun is hard to do and get good tonality.

You got a couple things going on to figure out...

1) settings you should use for your camera raw files 

2) settings you should use for photoshop 'monitor' color space when saving the raw as jpg

3) settings to use in color correction in PPro ( luma value of white point )

good luck !

🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2020 1
Advocate ,
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that image you posted is doomed. I put it into resolve and played around... but the blue and pixelation around sun etc. is baked into image and is doomed.... nothing can fix that.

😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2020 1
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a test, go to File > Project Settings > General and set the renderer to Software only.

Any difference?

MtD

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2020 1
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you need to try bringing down the white point of that image in Photoshop if you can ... Levels or Curves, dropping the white point a bit. See if that's better. Not to get color back there, but those pixels are so far out they're going bizarre in Premiere.

Then ... bring down the White point in Lumetri's RGB Curve and see what it looks like ...

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2020 1
Advocate ,
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil

========

but those pixels are so far out they're going bizarre in Premiere.

========

THAT made me laugh out loud, for real.... thank you... I needed that laugh. It's like a huge understatement.

hehe

🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2020 2