Highlighted

Still suffering from ultra key eyedroper problems.

Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted a while back saying I was having problems with the eyedropper tool not picking up the colors that I was over. (https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/windows-scaling-causing-problems-with-eyedropper-tool/td...) I figured it was due to scaling that I was using in windows. (I'm running a 4k screen) I scale to %175 and when I mouse over colors it pulls colors from other parts of the screen. (I actually can't find a pattern in location) 

Someone else said that it was because I was running at %175 and that I should run at either %150 or %200 and it should work fine. Well, it did with the last version, and it's not after the update.

So every time I need to key I have to change my system settings to %100 use the eyedropper, key, save, close the program, change the scaling, re-open. It was hard on my eyes at %150 but now that's not working either. 

windows 10

If someone from adobe wants more info let me know because I would REALLY like to see this fixed.

EDIT:

Found more info here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/ultra-key-eyedropper-not-working-on-pc/td-p/8958545?page...

Apparently, this issue has been around since 2011 and TaranVH isolated the problem, its having screens with different levels of scaling. (which I do have, one is 4k and one is 1920x1200) putting them both at the same scaling fixes the problem... but its obviously not very helpful to useability. 

TOPICS
Error or problem, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Still suffering from ultra key eyedroper problems.

Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted a while back saying I was having problems with the eyedropper tool not picking up the colors that I was over. (https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/windows-scaling-causing-problems-with-eyedropper-tool/td...) I figured it was due to scaling that I was using in windows. (I'm running a 4k screen) I scale to %175 and when I mouse over colors it pulls colors from other parts of the screen. (I actually can't find a pattern in location) 

Someone else said that it was because I was running at %175 and that I should run at either %150 or %200 and it should work fine. Well, it did with the last version, and it's not after the update.

So every time I need to key I have to change my system settings to %100 use the eyedropper, key, save, close the program, change the scaling, re-open. It was hard on my eyes at %150 but now that's not working either. 

windows 10

If someone from adobe wants more info let me know because I would REALLY like to see this fixed.

EDIT:

Found more info here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/ultra-key-eyedropper-not-working-on-pc/td-p/8958545?page...

Apparently, this issue has been around since 2011 and TaranVH isolated the problem, its having screens with different levels of scaling. (which I do have, one is 4k and one is 1920x1200) putting them both at the same scaling fixes the problem... but its obviously not very helpful to useability. 

TOPICS
Error or problem, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 25, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have three screen, an ultrawide 2560x1080 and 1920x1080, both at 100%, the ultrawide is my main UI panel, the HD screen is a second panel of Premiere I created in each of my saved workspaces.

My third panel is 3840x2160, and is used for Mercury Transmit Out as a reference monitor. That is set to 200%.

I never have any issue with the eyedroppers being off. But then, the only screen I use eyedroppers on is the main UI screen, which has the Program monitor always.

Which of your screens is the main UI screen according to your system? Is that the one you have the main Premiere UI window open on, with the Premiere menu system?

And do you have the Premiere main screen on one monitor, and trying to eye-dropper from the other monitor?

I'm trying to sort out exactly what your setup is, and your practices on that system.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my current setup is:

main: 3840 x 2160 %175 scailing (%150 occures too)

second: 1920:1200: %100 scailing

windows is currently identifying my "second" as 1 and "main" as 2 but I genuinely don't think that has anything to do with it.

ok, continuing right along,

my effects, effect controls, and timeline are on my secondary screen

my main window is more complicated, so here's a screencap

2020-09-25 20_37_29-.png

I drag the eye dropper from the effect controls on my second screen to my program window on my main and get this:

2020-09-25 20_29_57-.png

that being said

I had the same problem with this setup when I had the effect controls on my main monitor with my program I was sampling from.

I will do more testing and find more specifics for you but I wanted to get this info to you right away.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After doing more testing I have found the following:

*scaling my 1920x1200 screen to %175 scaling as well as my main 4k screen fixes the problem, tho it makes my second screen almost pointless everything is so big.

*moving the effect controls to the main window seems to fix it??? ill test after a reboot and over the next few days. But it seems even taking samples from the secondary window works fine IF the effect controls are on the main screen. The second the effect controls move off the main screen to a screen with different scaling the eyedropper breaks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the Program Monitor off of the screen with the Premiere menu system is problematic. And the ECP should be on the same screen as the Program monitor.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea the problem seems to be in having the ECP on a monitor with different scaling. I'm calling this a bug.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0