Stopping MP4s at specified points

Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to use Premeir Pro, or some other product, to get an MP4 to automatically stop at specified points, and restart when the screen is clicked?  Note, I can program this with JavaScript, but I need to be able to get a video file to do this by itself, without a second file.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by John T Smith | Most Valuable Participant

When authoring a DVD (I will 'guess' blu-ray as well, but I only create DVD) you can put a stop marker in the timeline... but that is only used to make playback return to the main menu, so you may have 'bonus' video after the end of the regular movie

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Stopping MP4s at specified points

Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to use Premeir Pro, or some other product, to get an MP4 to automatically stop at specified points, and restart when the screen is clicked?  Note, I can program this with JavaScript, but I need to be able to get a video file to do this by itself, without a second file.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by John T Smith | Most Valuable Participant

When authoring a DVD (I will 'guess' blu-ray as well, but I only create DVD) you can put a stop marker in the timeline... but that is only used to make playback return to the main menu, so you may have 'bonus' video after the end of the regular movie

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 06, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro: No.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 06, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to thank Bob and John for their responses.  They confirmed the answer, which is what I needed to know.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 06, 2020 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 06, 2020 1
jampff LATEST
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do this with H5P's "interactive video" player: https://h5p.org/interactive-video

It's primarily intended for educational uses, and since I'm a teacher, that's what I use it for. However, it will do exactly what you need (and far more, take a look) with any video.

I think the paradigm shift you need is: you don't need your "video file" to stop and go... because there isn't a video file that does that. What you need is a video PLAYER that will stop and start your video file at certain points.

H5P is pretty amazing. 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2020 1