• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Storyboarding using Premier Pro (or any other Adobe tools)?

LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish Adobe had a good storyboarding tool (e.g. when working on an animated cartoon with Character Animator). Is there a way to using existing tools I am missing?

Storyboarding is where you draw a series of single frames for a movie to get the overall structure right. The diagrams start as rough sketches (I would like to use Apple Pencil on an iPad). You want to add/remove pages as you go. 

Next you record a rough cut of the voice track and play back the episode showing the static images timed to the audio track. It helps review the pace of the movie.

Then you animate scenes or shots, dropping them in place of the static images. Every so often it is good to play the whole movie again (static images and video clips) again to review the overall flow. Don't wait until the end to see if there are problems.

Premier Pro (or rush) therefore seems like a good tool. It can display static images, add an audio track, substitute in video clips when available - you iterate until the project is done.

The problem is how to quickly add a new drawing and slot it in. Create a new Photoshop document per drawing, manage them in Cloud Documents, load them up one by one? It feels so slow.

I tried using artboards in Illustrator (and Photoshop), and it does work to an extent, but it is awkward to reorder boards or insert a new one to maintain the overall flow. (PowerPoint is a better model of slides with a sidebar to rearrange the slide orders. You can easily see adjacent boards so you can see the flow.)

Has anyone come up with a good workflow with Adobe tools for storyboarding?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Storyboarder is a really simple storyboard software avaialble for free also lets you plug into and work with photoshop 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines