Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange auto-scrolling behavior in timeline

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2015 Apr 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've searched the forum but can't find a thread about this... I'm experiencing a strange feature/bug that's pretty irritating. A few minutes after I start Premiere, the timeline will start scrolling whenever I move my mouse cursor away from the center of the screen. You can see this happening at the link below:

Private Video on Vimeo

the password is: autoscroll

To be clear: this doesn't happen when I first start Premiere. It's usually 5-10 minutes into a session, and then I have to quit and re-start the program to get a few minutes of peace. Is this something I've accidentally turned on, that I can deactivate? It's really annoying to have the timeline scroll to follow my cursor, when I go for my effects or media browser.

iMac running 10.10.3, Premiere Pro CC 2014

Thanks for your help!

Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Hello All,

Update to Premiere Pro CC 2015 (9.0.1) from the Creative Cloud application to solve this issue.

If you do not see the update in the Creative Cloud application:

1. Relaunch the Creative Cloud application (gear icon)
  2. Sign out of the Creative Cloud application, then sign back in. (gear icon > Preferences)
  3. Restart the computer

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 155 Replies 155
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2015 Apr 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, I'm having the same problem since I updated the Mac to 10.10.3. I have a MacPro late 2013.

I can no longer work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2015 Apr 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2015 Apr 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Il problema è l'aggiornamento al osx 10.10.3. Ho risolto formattando il mac è installando la 10.10.2. Purtroppo sono stato costretto perche non potevo più lavorare.

Comunque spero che Adobe risolva questo problema.

MacPro 6C + 16GB + FirePro D300 + OSX 10.10.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just started to have the same problem in Premiere.  It seemed to start occuring after working with a lot of clips on Video 2 & Video 3 with lots of transparencies.  (But it could just be a resource issue, the Video 1 clips are all in 1080p with Lumetri looks on, and my computer is hardly powerful enough to render that without a significant wait.)

But it's a very frustrating behaviour and I certainly hope they can offer a fix for it soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I was going crazy. Yes, somebody please fix this ASAP. Its a huge pain in the brain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I'm losing my mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this is happening to me as well. Also since the latest Mac update.

Please fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also since the latest Mac update.

Appears that a Mac update strikes again.

Roll back and see if it goes away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2015 May 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add my name to this list... Usually a restart of PPro will temporarily solve the problem. This has got to be one of the most irritating bugs I have ever seen. Editing like this is like trying to catch a fly with chop sticks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2015 May 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the interesting thing about the O.S update!

The latest O.S you are using seems to affect a version of PPro that preceded its release.

On the other hand MAC ( FCPX) users  are reporting that the latest version of FCPX will only run on the latest O.S Yosemite xxx.

So ...if you want evidence that Apple manipulates the O.S and its users both in Adobe Products and their own ...there it is.

If Adobe catches up in Premiere update...wait  a few months  until next MAC OS.S... for it to get broken again!

Same happened with Mavericks. ( and Magic Mouses).

Just saying the bleeding obvious..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You nailed it. I am having the same problem and it is debilitating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2015 May 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same issue.

It really is distracting. I also thought that I'd accidentally activated a command that would auto scroll the timeline to the beginning whenever I'd move the pointer off that window.

MacBook Pro 10.10.3 user. Premiere CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So... academic question and out of morbid curiosity.

When did this start?

What have you changed in your Mac system recently that may coincide with your issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌hey shoot! That's a good question. I started noticing it mid April on a project I was working on. It could have coincided with the 10.3.3 os update. I'm not really sure. It doesn't happen all the time, and when it does, a restart of Premiere usually fixed it for a little while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started to notice it more over the last couple of weeks. It might have been there before. I’m not entirely sure. The trouble is, I can’t seem to keep track because my schedule over the last month and a half has been pretty much the same.

The last system update was on April 24.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried restarting but it's quite persistent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌oh yeah, it comes back, that's for sure. It's relentless. I just finished up a 3 day 30hr project and it the issue popped up and the 4 or five times a day requiring a restart of Premiere. A couple times it stopped on its own but I couldn't find a rhyme or reason why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HumaidAlsuwaidi ha scritto:

I've tried restarting but it's quite persistent.

‌ The problem occurs with OS X 10.10.3. I was one of the first has to experience this problem a month ago. I had to format the Mac and install 10.10.2. I am perplexed that Adobe after a month still has not solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am perplexed that Adobe after a month still has not solved the problem.

Why is Adobe responsible to keep up with Apple updates  at your whim?

Why do MAC users update so randomly and what is the benefit (particularly in an edit suite)?

IMHO Apple has mac users on a string,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 19, 2015 May 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shooternz wrote:

I am perplexed that Adobe after a month still has not solved the problem.

Why is Adobe responsible to keep up with Apple updates  at your whim?

Why do MAC users update so randomly and what is the benefit (particularly in an edit suite)?

IMHO Apple has mac users on a string,

Just FYI Slick...

This problem has been around for YEARS. Yes, even on PC's. So your anti-Mac rhetoric is completely uncalled for...and not helping anyone.

Weird Automatic Scrolling of Timeline

I am running Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 7, 64 bit, with all the latest updates.

I'm getting some weird automatic scrolling of the timeline happening.

When I hover the mouse pointer anywhere on the left side of the screen, (including over the "File" menu bar portion) the timeline automatically starts scrolling left.

When I hover the mouse pointer anywhere on the right side of the screen (like over the vertical scroll bar), the timeline automatically scrolls right.

The only way to stop the scrolling is to move the mouse pointer away from the sides of the screen.

This seems like an error -- but did I accidentally turn on some feature?

Any suggestions how to get proper control back?
Thanks,

Nick

I am experiencing this same issue.  I'm also running PE11, current on updates, on Win 7 64bit.   My experience is that it's rare, but anoying.

I haven't experienced this in any of my other projects but the one I'm currently working on.  When I (re)open the project, it's fine, but once I start marking key frames and manipulating a clip, the mouse behaves as if I've right clicked on the timeline scroll bar and won't stop scrolling the timeline to the left and right unless I position the mouse in the center of the screen. 

I'll suggest it's not a video driver issue since I'm only experiencing this in one project, but I'd like to hear from others if there's some preference option that I've enabled thats causing this behavior, or if there's some way I can "reset" project to behave like my  others.

Regards,

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just FYI Slick...

This problem has been around for YEARS. Yes, even on PC's. So your anti-Mac rhetoric is completely uncalled for...and not helping anyone.

Not sure why you are quoting an issue from a Premiere Elements "issue" in a PPRO Forum but anecdotally...the issue in this PPRo thread is demonstrably MAC Users only.

There is no evidence that the same issue is occurring in PC WIN users in this Forum.

It is not "anti-mac rhetoric" to identify an area where the problem exists.  Trouble shooting 101 is ..what did you do just before it broke?

Mac users are piling in here expecting (demanding)  an immediate fix (from ADOBE) or advice  and many do so, without supplying any detail to aid the process.

Thanx for your attempt to post a helpful contribution any way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shooternz wrote:

Just FYI Slick...

Not sure why you are quoting an issue from a Premiere Elements "issue" in a PPRO Forum but anecdotally...the issue in this PPRo thread is demonstrably MAC Users only.

Because the exact same problem was happening years ago to PC users on another version of Premiere. Yet, you don't seem to want to accept that as fact.

So, your brilliant insight like...

So ...if you want evidence that Apple manipulates the O.S and its users both in Adobe Products and their own ...there it is.

is nothing but BS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "insight" is that Mac users frequently have to update to use latest versions of their  MAC applications.

FCPX (latest) will only run on Latest Yosemite OS.is an example.

Yet those that updates seem to have issues with that OS breaking other applications.

MAC OS has been breaking Adobe Applications for years. Fact.

Protools also has issues with latest updates.

Because the exact same problem was happening years ago to PC users on another version of Premiere. Yet, you don't seem to want to accept that as fact.

Really.  Is it fact because you said so?  What version of Premiere?

I have been on this Forum since its inception and have no recall of any widespread issue with PC or MAC until recently..

You appear to be confusing methods to obtain information for helping others  with anti-mac rhetoric.

When are you going to offer any thing helpful instead of flaming those that do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 28, 2015 May 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry shooternz‌ but i don't care whose fault it is and why it is happening. This is not an Apple vs Adobe war or thread.

All I know is that I have a computer in which I have a software made by a company called Adobe (worth £47/month) which is making my life really hard and delaying my workflow. This has been happening for a while and no fix in the foreseeable future

what do you want me to do? wait? shout?

If your theory is true then probably my best option is investing £229 and buy Final Cut X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines