Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange auto-scrolling behavior in timeline

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2015 Apr 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've searched the forum but can't find a thread about this... I'm experiencing a strange feature/bug that's pretty irritating. A few minutes after I start Premiere, the timeline will start scrolling whenever I move my mouse cursor away from the center of the screen. You can see this happening at the link below:

Private Video on Vimeo

the password is: autoscroll

To be clear: this doesn't happen when I first start Premiere. It's usually 5-10 minutes into a session, and then I have to quit and re-start the program to get a few minutes of peace. Is this something I've accidentally turned on, that I can deactivate? It's really annoying to have the timeline scroll to follow my cursor, when I go for my effects or media browser.

iMac running 10.10.3, Premiere Pro CC 2014

Thanks for your help!

Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Hello All,

Update to Premiere Pro CC 2015 (9.0.1) from the Creative Cloud application to solve this issue.

If you do not see the update in the Creative Cloud application:

1. Relaunch the Creative Cloud application (gear icon)
  2. Sign out of the Creative Cloud application, then sign back in. (gear icon > Preferences)
  3. Restart the computer

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 155 Replies 155
Explorer ,
May 28, 2015 May 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I absolutely agree with you Viva, the fact that we are addressing this crap

and no billboard IS SURFACING with an answer is garbage. They need to fix

it now or stop charging people until its finished. Im over the rhetoric

from stupid people on the internet playing guard dog just to open their

mouths. The only people who don't care suck at their job in the first

place. real creatives don't tolerate this garbage. I differ in the fact

that I believe ADOBE is by far the best and I do not intend on changing

NLE's but don't control the option on peanut butter and leave salmonella on

your production belt AND leave the public to suffer... And yea we are

suffering downtime to even be compelled to waste THIS time to speak on it.

I am not addressing anyone personally Im just voicing my irrupted concern

on when this will stop. Below is a an example of what WE and i say we that

are experiencing this problem are talking about.

https://youtu.be/fzwyeeiEtik

WATCH WITH CARE

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 7:17 AM, viva_la_zoom <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does everyone with this problem have multiple monitors?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I worked on a project abroad this week on my laptop and did not experience the problem. Only seems to occur on the MacPro with multiple monitors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this problem occur on both my PC at home and my iMac at work, neither has two monitors. The issue has not returned for me since I deleted my sync files and use local settings. It has been a couple of weeks now with no occurrence. Not sure if it is a coincidence or not but so far so good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just thinking that.. A resounding YES!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just changed my workspace to a single monitor and it stopped occuring. It

may be a monitor issue with the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not helpful at all. You are taking up space that can be used for people actually trying to fix the issue. Shut up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not helpful at all. You are taking up space that can be used for people actually trying to fix the issue. Shut up.

Nice manners! 

Ironic that you  took time and bandwidth to posts a flame of no help to anyone.

The question I asked was soon after CC2015 was launched ...and at that time...no one had come back to report if the issue had been fixed for those experiencing it.    I had hopes that it would have...even though I dont have the issue.

To actually  know if it was fixed would have helped a lot of people in their decisions to update or otherwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rfsrgffdg,

Please do not personally attack any community members. According to our guidelines, this kind of behavior is not tolerated. It is better to ignore responses than to lash out.

Thanks for understanding. Moving on...

Respectfully,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent a bug report.   I've been experiencing this for a few weeks running a new mac pro/ premiere 2014 now 2015 and was hoping the update to 2015 would fix this issue, although it seems to have gotten worse.   It used to happen every hour or so, now it happens every 10 to 15 minutes.    This does need to get fixed.   Everyone that reads this, please submit a bug report.   I've worked in software for many years and that is the only way to get the attention of the programmers.   Or if a really big client starts screaming.    I work for an educational institution and am seeing this problem across all that are using macs with the 10.10.3 update.  I would roll back the operating system although it needs to be done by our IT team and this is not a priority for them.  Frustrated by this glitch to say the least

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2015 Jul 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David Tybor wrote:

I sent a bug report.   I've been experiencing this for a few weeks running a new mac pro/ premiere 2014 now 2015 and was hoping the update to 2015 would fix this issue, although it seems to have gotten worse.   It used to happen every hour or so, now it happens every 10 to 15 minutes.    This does need to get fixed.   Everyone that reads this, please submit a bug report.   I've worked in software for many years and that is the only way to get the attention of the programmers.   Or if a really big client starts screaming.    I work for an educational institution and am seeing this problem across all that are using macs with the 10.10.3 update.  I would roll back the operating system although it needs to be done by our IT team and this is not a priority for them.  Frustrated by this glitch to say the least

It's never a bad idea to submit an objective bug report, but be assured that you users already have our attention on this. The problem right now is that, internally, we are not seeing it on our own setups... Using mac OS 10.10.3 and dual monitors, or otherwise. So it would be really helpful to know if there is some common thread across your systems so that we can maybe replicate that and get it to happen as ubiquitously in-house. I truly understand people's frustrations here. Asking questions about when/where/how it happens for certain users is part of the troubleshooting process which is necessary to isolate bugs and get them fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2015 Jul 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it may be connected to the mouse some how. it seems to not be an issue when im using my tablet. Mind you i can't really adjust the audio levels with the pen in the timeline. something strange there but ill leave that for another time.  my mouse is an older Logitech.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 06, 2015 May 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea this is fuckin ridiculous, when adobe knows this is happening and that everyone is having this problem is obviously a way for adobe to manipulate the creative. FIX IT!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when adobe knows this is happening and that everyone is having this problem is obviously a way for adobe to manipulate the creative.

huh!

...and why would they want to "manipulate the creative"?

Everyone is not having the problem.

Windows users aren't experiencing it from what I can see of this widespread issue..

MAC users weren't experiencing it until an OS update ( evidently).  Even you can work that out.

If its a MAC issue...you will have to be patient while it gets fixed by those that didn't cause the problem. Did you expect Adobe to anticipate it?.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because more than one person has the same issue and Adobe would rather not address it making no sense. Dude I paid 600.00 for this damn suite I shouldn't feel like I owe them more in any capacity in order to have my software work period. Updates are almost mandatory and they should improve if anything the working of my software. Don't huh me dumbass this product should work and not effect my creativity when the shit keeps scrolling for no reason . I didn't respond to you personally just in general because you were the first to have it listed in Adobe community. So if you are suggesting that I'm responding to you or the fact that we are having this problem "RIGHT NOW" and it's not wide spread sounds retarded. Get on board homie

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and Adobe would rather not address it making no sense.

...and you know they are not addressing it..HOW?

Seemingly ...It only emerged as MAC Users updated their O.S recently. ie subsequent to Premieres last update.

Try rolling back your OS update or see if the issue is caused by something called "Push"  which I have also seen mentioned in this regard.

Maybe wait till arrival of imminent Premiere Upgrade. Might be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2015 May 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We tried rolling back the OS today, but it immediately auto-updated back to OSX 10.10.3. The problem persists. . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off auto update and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not the one impatient. This is been a problem for over 2weeks. I make a living at this so this shit is nothing to joke about. Some weird scrolling being why I'm starting and stopping screws up my delivery.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ shooternz Please shut your f**ing mouth, its 2020 and this issue still occurs. You and this crappy company need to eat s**t

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DeSean Ray wrote:

adobe knows this is happening and that everyone is having this problem is obviously a way for adobe to manipulate the creative.

Not every one is having this problem, but I empathize with those who are because it sounds irritating.

If you are experiencing it, please report it as a bug here.

Be sure to choose Premiere Pro as the product and include any relevant details you have. Especially if you know that problem was introduced when you upgraded to a certain OS. (mac 10.10.3 I assume?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2015 May 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am about to lose my f**king mind! I need to deliver a project and I can't f**king edit! This is bulls**t!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2015 May 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me too. About to throw my MacBook Pro out the window and buy a PC desktop. Seriously they are 1/4 of the price and 1/4 of the frustration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no fix or this? Majorly annoying to keep fighting this issue when trying to edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2015 May 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been having the same problem for a couple of weeks.   Hello?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines