Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange auto-scrolling behavior in timeline

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2015 Apr 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've searched the forum but can't find a thread about this... I'm experiencing a strange feature/bug that's pretty irritating. A few minutes after I start Premiere, the timeline will start scrolling whenever I move my mouse cursor away from the center of the screen. You can see this happening at the link below:

Private Video on Vimeo

the password is: autoscroll

To be clear: this doesn't happen when I first start Premiere. It's usually 5-10 minutes into a session, and then I have to quit and re-start the program to get a few minutes of peace. Is this something I've accidentally turned on, that I can deactivate? It's really annoying to have the timeline scroll to follow my cursor, when I go for my effects or media browser.

iMac running 10.10.3, Premiere Pro CC 2014

Thanks for your help!

Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Hello All,

Update to Premiere Pro CC 2015 (9.0.1) from the Creative Cloud application to solve this issue.

If you do not see the update in the Creative Cloud application:

1. Relaunch the Creative Cloud application (gear icon)
  2. Sign out of the Creative Cloud application, then sign back in. (gear icon > Preferences)
  3. Restart the computer

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 155 Replies 155
LEGEND ,
May 19, 2015 May 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been having the same problem for a couple of weeks.   Hello?

Premiere Pro has had no changes in the last 2 weeks so what do you associate your issue with?

Did you change anything?

Your info and detail may help to identify effect and cause.

Do we just assume you also are on a MAC version of PPro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2015 May 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't done anything different, I do have a New GTX680 out of the box

but all drivers are up to date, I am running yosimite, and Im on a mac. All

I Know is that if more than one person is a having problem with scrolling

and we have no idea who one another is, then its a problem. There should be

an ADOBE billboard with the answer is to this problematic issue. I don't

know how this blog, or chat room works in terms of who Im talking to

responding to or addressing my concerns I just search the net looking for

solutions that the creators seem to ignore. Its not a system thing its an

application thing. Everyone is set up different but the problem is the

same. My timeline is scrolling and it should, and no one seem to have found

the problem. Adobe needs to sniff out this email I'm writing and fix it.

They make it difficult to communicate to them unless you have phone

support. I am all adobe, and would use anything else if I didn't have to

but this shit sucks big ones and needs to stop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2015 May 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the problem...

It stops when I quit and restart the program.

It seems to start after the computer has been idle for sometime.... (initial impression that needs more specific observation)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2015 May 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, Premiere 2014.2 release and mac 10.10.3

Please Help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2015 May 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. What I figured was that some random keystroke combination sets the mouse into jog/shuttle mode, even though that feature isn't listed anywhere as being available, but my mouse was DEFINATLY operating as a jog/ shuttle device. I work on a Mac at work and a PC at home and the problem seemed to be somehow related to projects I had opened up on both computers.  What I did was delete my settings that sync from Creative Cloud and the problem vanished as well. I just use local settings on both machines and haven't had the problem show up now for over a week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 28, 2015 May 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of mouse are you guys using? Apple mouse? Wacom? Kensington? Other?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you hold down shift+option while launching Premiere (to reset prefs)...does that help the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the Apple mouse + Wacom Bamboo.

On my case, the problem usually comes together with other issues like constant refresh/redraw of the timeline thumbnails (everytime you click on it) and the 'Program window' going black and not showing timeline contents.

The performance drops so much that i have to restart the software. I'm not entirely sure what triggers it but it's not a progressive deterioration, it just happens

Yosemite 10.10.3 iMac 5K i7

32gb ram

4gb GPU

Premiere 2014.2

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, for me this was happening all the time.  Here's my configuration, and what I did to stop it:

Mac Pro Late 2013

Latest version of Yosemite

Latest version of Premiere Pro CC (2014.2 Release)

Two Monitors

Blackmagic Ultrastudio Mini (this does not impact it, from what I can tell)

I think this is important:  my new projects traditionally begin in the two monitor, EDITING workspace.  Note that.

The problem:  whenever I am zoomed in at all in the timeline, and no matter what window is "active" the timeline will scroll in the direction of the mouse.  If I move it to screen right (whether on my main monitor or across the divide onto my second monitor), the timeline scrolls forward in time, if I move my mouse to the left, the timeline scrolls backward in time.

I use a magic mouse connected via bluetooth but I've also tested it with a wired mouse.  Doesn't matter, the same effect happens.  I've changed my mouse settings in Preferences to eliminate any type of scrolling or must-touch but that has no effect.  In Premiere's preferences I have disabled auto-scrolling, etc. and that has no effect.  Note that trashing preferences has no effect either, the problem remains.

My Solution:  I change my workspace to a default single monitor workspace (like assembly or audio) and then I immediately go back to the two monitor EDITING workspaceThe problem disappears.  Gone.  I save the project and shut down PP. When I reopen the project the problem is still gone and I am back to sanity.  Note that the problem has been resolved in ALL projects (not just the one I just saved) and no longer occurs even after a system reboot.

I'm not sure what the issue is, but it appears to be a bug of some kind within Premiere for Mac. I'm assuming also that some unknown preference has now been written for it to have stopped in all projects, even after a restart.  I'll bet if I trash my prefs it'll be back ... but I'm not going to test that. 

Regarding the Mac vs. PC/Adobe vs. Apple entries in this thread: thanks for wasting my time; you are charging your clients too much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 31, 2015 May 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue seems to be MAC only but is it also only occurring when the Sequence (Timeline ) pane is spread across two monitors.

That would involve the user manually setting that pane across two monitors.

So what happens if you all use a Default Edit Workspace?

Just curious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2015 May 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That¹s not my case at all.  I simply have a two monitor setup using the

default ³EDITING² workspace where my timeline is only on my main monitor.  I

do not stretch it across to monitorts.

Even using the default EDITING workspace, without me as the user manually

changing the layout this issue occurs.

Hans Damkoehler

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 01, 2015 Jun 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shooternz wrote:

This issue seems to be MAC only but is it also only occurring when the Sequence (Timeline ) pane is spread across two monitors.

That would involve the user manually setting that pane across two monitors.

So what happens if you all use a Default Edit Workspace?

Just curious.

LOL....wrong again.

Did you read THIS post???

I have had this problem occur on both my PC at home and my iMac at work, neither has two monitors. The issue has not returned for me since I deleted my sync files and use local settings. It has been a couple of weeks now with no occurrence. Not sure if it is a coincidence or not but so far so good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2015 Jun 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't scroll when you use one monitor, but who does that?? If fact that's how I have to edit now until the issue is resolved but at this stage work arounds are excuses for issues un resolved and with the client load I have even this time I take to write emails have begun to be an inconvenience. I'm in LA and clients don't understand our system issues.. They just want the product and that's it. I need real estate to work in the level of production I encounter so that being said one monitor doesn't cut after you have spent several hundred for additional one and a high end graphics card to boot. We need a solution.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok i have the issue as well auto scrolling "no Bueno!" (dual monitor imac i7 10.10.3) i tried switching the work spaces and it did correct the problem for a moment. then immediately crashed. regardless what preset space i ended up on. I just want to hear from Adobe they are working on a fix. Im still waiting for my afftereffects preview issue to be solved "by the end of spring" so they say (feeling more like end of summer) Listen I know this needs to be addressed and from what i'm reading here, is that it's not that important to adobe since it's been around for several revs of the software. I'm an Adobe Fan and i cheer them on as much as i can but it's getting harder to raise those pom poms especially of late.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Premiere are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cc 2014 up to date

GT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC 2015 is latest.

No reports yet if it has fixed the issue for those that experienced it.  (Not me)

You could be first to report

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice! i must have missed the update apparently i’ve been too busy. ill let you know if it’s fixed…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope still there 2015 sill auto scrolls the timeline. ill try to mess with the settings and see if i can make it go away...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here's what it looks like. in this im not holding any key down just moving the mouse left and right..... Oh when i change workspaces it crashes (Dropbox - Screen Shot 2015-06-18 at 9.19.15 AM.png)

Dropbox - auto scroll.mov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and here is the crash report

Dropbox - crashreport.rtf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2015 Jun 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem on my Macbook pro 10.10.3 with Premiere Pro CS6 and single monitor. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it happen on every Workspace? Maybe the workspace templates are corrupt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌I've deleted all the temp workspace in both the finder and in premier and the error still happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2015 Jun 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a late 2013 mac pro, 10.10.3 with two monitors and also have the intermittment strange autoscrolling behavior.   Tried a different mouse and it still happened.  Went back to my usual Logitech wireless mouse and made sure all mouse functions were set to off but problem persisted.  So now  I'm going to try VBHans suggestion  (Thank you!) and report back in a few days.  Here's hoping!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines