Strange new Pixelation problems Premiere Pro 15

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

In the last couple weeks I've begun to encounter problems I haven't had before in Premiere. At seemingly random points in my footage, I get bizarre pixelation for 3-10 frames at a time. At worst, the video playback appears 80% black, and at best, the video playback has minimal, but very visible, artifacting. 

Some necessary specs and information:

• When I review the files in Windows Media Viewer, the pixelations/glitches are not visible at the exact same timecodes, they only appear in Premiere
  • The same footage does not glitch when I view it in Premiere on my HP Laptop
  • The pixelations are visible in both the source monitor and timeline playback windows
  • The videos I'm working with were shot on a Canon EOS Rebel T7, which has been my standard tool for about six months and has not caused me any problems until now
  • The video files are 1920x1080HD at 30.0 (or really 29.997 or whatever it is) fps
  • The machine I'm editing on is an AMD custom-build with NVIDIA graphics card and drivers

Troubleshooting fixes I've tried:

• Rolling back updates from 15.2 to 15.0
  • Updating my NVIDIA drivers
  • Reprocessing the .MOV files into h.264 in Adobe Media Encoder
  • Clearing my Premiere media cache and reopening the projects

Each of these fixes was able to mitigate the problem, but not fix it entirely.

What finally resolved the problem was importing the problematic footage into a second video editor (I used DaVinci Resolve -- I know, traitorous), exporting from there, and re-importing to the sequence in question. Once I'd done that, I could no longer see glitching of any kind.

At this point, the problem is rare enough that if that is the fix I have to use, then so be it. That said, it's very much a pain in my butt and I'd like to resolve it without having to resort to Resolve (pun intended).

If any users can offer helpful suggestions, those are welcome. Otherwise, I'm calling on the Adobe Overlords to hear my humble plea.

Sincerely,

Gnoulelein

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Export, Formats, Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the NVIDIA Studio Driver rather than the Game driver?

Have you tried resetting the preferences and workspaces?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am using the Studio driver, but I haven't tried preferences and workspaces yet.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines