In the last couple weeks I've begun to encounter problems I haven't had before in Premiere. At seemingly random points in my footage, I get bizarre pixelation for 3-10 frames at a time. At worst, the video playback appears 80% black, and at best, the video playback has minimal, but very visible, artifacting.
Some necessary specs and information:
When I review the files in Windows Media Viewer, the pixelations/glitches are not visible at the exact same timecodes, they only appear in Premiere
The same footage does not glitch when I view it in Premiere on my HP Laptop
The pixelations are visible in both the source monitor and timeline playback windows
The videos I'm working with were shot on a Canon EOS Rebel T7, which has been my standard tool for about six months and has not caused me any problems until now
The video files are 1920x1080HD at 30.0 (or really 29.997 or whatever it is) fps
The machine I'm editing on is an AMD custom-build with NVIDIA graphics card and drivers
Troubleshooting fixes I've tried:
Rolling back updates from 15.2 to 15.0
Updating my NVIDIA drivers
Reprocessing the .MOV files into h.264 in Adobe Media Encoder
Clearing my Premiere media cache and reopening the projects
Each of these fixes was able to mitigate the problem, but not fix it entirely.
What finally resolved the problem was importing the problematic footage into a second video editor (I used DaVinci Resolve -- I know, traitorous), exporting from there, and re-importing to the sequence in question. Once I'd done that, I could no longer see glitching of any kind.
At this point, the problem is rare enough that if that is the fix I have to use, then so be it. That said, it's very much a pain in my butt and I'd like to resolve it without having to resort to Resolve (pun intended).
If any users can offer helpful suggestions, those are welcome. Otherwise, I'm calling on the Adobe Overlords to hear my humble plea.
Editing, Error or problem, Export, Formats, Hardware or GPU