Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange occasional grain/overlay effect after rendering

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Since I've been using my new computer, there's been a weird grain/overlay effect on my videos after rendering. You can find one example of that at the 1.00 mark here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iL2frYN96Y .

Any idea where that could be coming from?

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Have you tried going to the Project settings dialog, and setting "Mercury Acceleration" to software only? This cuts out your GPU use in Premiere, but will tell us if it's a GPU problem or not.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the capture device? What's the format/codec, and do you have any effects applied, color, anything? Any chance it's VFR ... variable frame-rate, as from a phone or tablet? Any sizing, speed changes, anything?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thank you for replying.

I'm using a Panasonic Lumix G7 for filming. Format is H.264, and I'm using the YouTube 4K preset for export. Both the device and settings are what I have been using for quite some time now, and I may be wrong but I believe this problem first appeared when I started using my new computer, which should be more powerful than the previous one. No effects whatsoever, just standard editing with volume changes and crossfades. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, what settings/effects, also the GPU?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for not being clear, this is all quite new for me and I don't know much about Premiere or editing in general yet. Not sure what you mean by settings/effects, but if those are the sequence settings, Timebase is 25 frames/second, Frame size is 4K, pixel aspect ratio is Square Pixels (1.0) and Working Color Space is Rec.709. As for the project settings, my renderer is Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (OpenCL), there's no Preview Cache, and capture format is DV.

As I said I don't think I've been using any effects, just fades. 

My GPU is a Radeon RX 550 (I'm adding a spec sheet below just in case).

romainj35502393_0-1611954618782.png

Again, thank you so much for helping me out and sorry if I missed anything or forgot to mention anything important!

Romain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried going to the Project settings dialog, and setting "Mercury Acceleration" to software only? This cuts out your GPU use in Premiere, but will tell us if it's a GPU problem or not.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried that and there's no glitching whatsoever in the video, so I guess that was the issue! A big thank you for your help, Neil, that's much appreciated! 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check for a new driver for that card then. Or if it's on the latest, roll back a driver.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines