Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

strange problem using two monitors

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

i have set up a second monitor to use with PP CC.

i can slide the panels across to my second monitor no problem but as soon as i click on it. It disappears off the screen. Now if i click on the task bar on monitor number one it re appears which is totaly unworkable. I slide other items such as photos across and i seem to have no issue with them. I just cant slide a panel over and use it. Checked the settings and re installed PP but nothing seams to work any ideas anyone please, spent hours on this !!!!!          

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, the OS needs to be set correctly, to (in Windows parlance) "Extend desktop to this display". Is that properly set?

Then Premiere needs to be running the main UI window (with the menu bar) on the screen that the UI for the OS uses as the main/home screen. I've got three monitors, and though Windows says my UHD monitor is 1, LG Ultrawide is 2, and Dell 2312 is 3, the Windows OS appears on the LG Ultrawide. I put a second panel group on 3, and use 1 for my transmit-out monitor.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

well i think i have set everything as should be. But i still have the same problem the screens are set as one and two in windows and nvidia both say no 1 is the primary. Adobe setting in playback as they should be.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nothing else seems to be affected by this just PP. i can drag photoshop etc across to screen no 2. And use two different programs at the same time.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well i fixed it.

I switched off Mercury Transit and it works perfectly i thought that had to be on but it seems not !!!!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mercury Transmit sends a full-screen version of the Program monitor to whichever screen is selected for that process.

I've got three screens, one for the main UI/timeline panels, one for Production/Project panel, source monitor, and the third is my Transmit Out screen.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines