Highlighted

Strange proportion problem when adding a clip

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, when I drop a video on the sequence, proportions arent respected, i let you see by yourself I've linked the screenshot 

Thank you for your answers. 

Have a good day

Cian

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Strange proportion problem when adding a clip

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, when I drop a video on the sequence, proportions arent respected, i let you see by yourself I've linked the screenshot 

Thank you for your answers. 

Have a good day

Cian

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 25, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

embed.jpg

...so we dont have to download unknown files: we help you, you help us. Thanks! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing the video just taking a guess based on the common issue of creating a sequence that doesn't match the source media.

You have 3 variables to keep in mind when it comes to your video resolution and framerate: 

1. The settings of your Source Media, which are determined at the time of recording. 
  2. The settings of your Sequence, which you set up when you create the sequence. (Note that you can have many Sequences inside of a single Project. Each can have different settings.) 
  3. The settings of your Output, which you specify on export. 

Ideally (or at least, generally), you should have the same settings throughout the process from start to finish as seen in this example:

Source_Sequence_Output_Ideal.png

To make sure you get your sequence settings to match your video source settings there are several ways to do this automatically, o ne of them being to drag your media down to the New Item icon in the Project Panel:

New Item Gif.gif

(You can also drag media down to an empty Timeline Panel, or right click on the media and choose New Sequence From Clip.)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0