Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange selection behaviour in Premiere timeline

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've been noticing something weird with the last couple of versions of Premiere. When selecting objects in the timeline by clicking and dragging a box over them, often random tracks/clips won't be selected. It's not related to the linked selection toggle or what tracks are activated, and there doesn't seem to be a pattern as to when it happens. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

cheers

Craig

TOPICS
Editing , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I've noticed that too, and I still haven't figured it out completely. But it seems that if you drag the selection from the audio part of the timeline, the video only gets selected when you drag all the way past its track.

I don't know if it's a bug or they decided to change the selection behaviour for some unknown reason (as is customary for Adobe lately).

Selection.gif

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's bizarre right? I went through a help chat session with someone from Adobe and the only thing they wanted to try was resetting all my preferences (keyboard shortcuts, workspaces etc) which I can't really do right now being in the middle of a project. Also kept trying to suggest that it's due to Linked Selection but it's definitely not related to that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines