Highlighted

Strange text problem

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running into a strange problem while I was trying to edit someone else's video. Basically this person did all the initial edits, and I was tasked to go in and just fix a minor text issue. All I have to do is bold the texts and increase the tracking value.

He applied linear wipe to all the texts, that way the texts slide across the screen in relation to the audio of the texts.

But when I try to make the text bold, what happens is that the words print across the screen in bold, but then when the next sentence appears, that first sentence becomes unbolded. Then when the next sentence appears, the previous one gets unbolded, and so on. I've spent some time trying to figure this out on my own but I couldn't find a solution. Adding tracking on top of that didn't change anything. I've tried rendering out the video and even tried exporting to see if it would look any different, but it didn't.

Is there any way to fix this problem?

I'm using the 2020 version.

Thank you!

Topics

Editing, Effects and Titles, Error or problem, Formats, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Strange text problem

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running into a strange problem while I was trying to edit someone else's video. Basically this person did all the initial edits, and I was tasked to go in and just fix a minor text issue. All I have to do is bold the texts and increase the tracking value.

He applied linear wipe to all the texts, that way the texts slide across the screen in relation to the audio of the texts.

But when I try to make the text bold, what happens is that the words print across the screen in bold, but then when the next sentence appears, that first sentence becomes unbolded. Then when the next sentence appears, the previous one gets unbolded, and so on. I've spent some time trying to figure this out on my own but I couldn't find a solution. Adding tracking on top of that didn't change anything. I've tried rendering out the video and even tried exporting to see if it would look any different, but it didn't.

Is there any way to fix this problem?

I'm using the 2020 version.

Thank you!

Topics

Editing, Effects and Titles, Error or problem, Formats, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you screenshot the timeline? Are there nests? You might need to clear renders?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines