• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Struggling to create proxies because audio is not supported

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues with creative proxies from a multi audio channel clips. it says "the selected preset does not support the audio channel type of the clip. What do I do

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

try this.  rather than using a proxy workflow,  export clips to the desired proxy format (I like prores proxy) and then unlink the camera original and relink to these exported clips.  When you finish editing and are ready to output, unlink and relink to camera original.  I've manged to make this work with material shot on a sony fx7 which has 8 tracks.  could never figure out how to create a proxy preset that would work (and I wasted a lot of time trying).  Also, in this case I was only using the first 2 audio tracks.  Not sure how it would work if you needed all the tracks.  

Test this workflow before spending a lot of time doing the export/unliink/link dance...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines