• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stuttering frames after exporting from premiere

Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2018 Sep 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have been trying to figure this out for a while, but I just can't seem to find a solution. I am new with editing and just don't know if this is an issue with my sequence while editing or my export settings? While watching it back in premiere it doesn't stutter like it does after exporting. I have a small clip that shows the issue, just seems like my face is skipping/stuttering frames. I appreciate any feedback, thank you!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WV3oCxxmCglaFOIg3ol9xa8UrOw1XKud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-It is 23.976 fps

-ss 60

-1080p

-shot on a canon 5d mk4

-used Media Encoder to change the codec to Pro-res, as I am editing on a Mac desktop.

Here are my sequence settings, Again, I am very new to this so I probably have something obvious that's wrong and I just don't know it yet.Screen Shot 2018-09-15 at 7.25.29 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post a screen shot of your export settings, like this example -

ME Export settings.png

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-09-15 at 10.07.15 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show us the bottom part of the export settings.

You also have gaps in the timeline: fill those with black video.

Turn off hardware encoding: see how that goes.

Might want to nest the slideshow first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-09-16 at 11.23.45 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-09-16 at 11.23.58 AM.png

So I tried inserting black footage and adjusted the settings like so, as was recommended by a Matti Hapooja youtube video over exporting.  However, the problem still occurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on one of your camera source files in the Project Panel and from the drop down menu choose Properties.

Post a screen shot of the Properties.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-09-17 at 6.43.43 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export with max render off and vbr1 or cbr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I tried without max render and set it to vbr1, although it didn't happen as frequently in the video, the stuttering frames continued to be an issue, just in different points of the video than before. It is technically better than before though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi EAP1sixteen,

Did you ever find a solution to this issue? Please let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update* I still have not found a solution to why my footage continues to have jumping/stuttering frames after exporting. Just doesn't do this while in premiere, so it drives me crazy when I think a video is good to go, and then it renders out with this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here... It's very very strange..

I have even changed the preview codec to prores hq, in uhd like the sequence, and try to render using previews. this is even worse. I can now see the shuttering inside premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2019 Apr 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've experienced a similar issue today surrounding this. I have several images with a push transition and a slow zoom effect. Plays fine in the timeline but is stuttered in export.

I amended the below settings based on trial and error to get a smooth final output.

In Sequence Settings I had the below:

Screenshot 2019-04-21 at 10.13.41.png

Composite in Linear Colour (requires GPU acceleration or max render quality): changed to OFF

In Export Settings I had the below:

Screenshot 2019-04-21 at 10.11.57.png

Screenshot 2019-04-21 at 10.12.15.png

Screenshot 2019-04-21 at 10.12.06.png

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this resolved my exported video stuttering issues!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup... its a bug somewhere... ADOBE!!!!!!! 

(I don't have any fix, I removed all the Lumetri colours etc etc... still glitching and stuttering.. sigh)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Very simple titles on top of a single video layer.  Plays fine in preview - all kinds of issues on the export. Have tried all the suggestions above and am yet to get a smooth playing export. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried clearing my media cache and THAT seemed to get rid of any glitches on export.....

But then would come back again within the next video or so.. even AFTER clearing media cache.

Adobe is a weird creature..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here even after so many months 😞 

I get stuttering frames while editing this series of commercials in Premiere CC 2020. I'm on the road and with a deadly deadline, and could not find a solution after trying the obvious things. First thing to suspect of is hardware rendering since I can see stuttering frames while editing in premiere. But no matter what I do I get the stutter somewhere along the video render.

These are 1 minute videos, and with A LOT OF LUCK I got one stuttering-free render after many tries, but nothing I can name a real solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you export media in premiere and select queue,  it will export in Adobe Media Encoder, this resolved the stuttering for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is it!

Finally!!!

Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS IS THE FIX. HOLY CRAP. THANK YOU ELEMTU. Lol. I was getting so aggravated but THIS fixed it! Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've used both and they both still end up stuttering the render in several places, even after I've rendered them individually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!! I was just about to throw my computer out the window!

This worked for me after trying everyting else for many many hours..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found a new solve for this (at least in my case).  My file was clipping even when exported using Media Encoder.  

Open the file in Quicktime and export it from there.  I exported my imported clip (that was skipping in Premiere) from Quicktime as 4K/H.264, and it now no longer clips in any Adobe apps when exporting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines