So I have been trying to figure this out for a while, but I just can't seem to find a solution. I am new with editing and just don't know if this is an issue with my sequence while editing or my export settings? While watching it back in premiere it doesn't stutter like it does after exporting. I have a small clip that shows the issue, just seems like my face is skipping/stuttering frames. I appreciate any feedback, thank you!
-It is 23.976 fps
-shot on a canon 5d mk4
-used Media Encoder to change the codec to Pro-res, as I am editing on a Mac desktop.
Here are my sequence settings, Again, I am very new to this so I probably have something obvious that's wrong and I just don't know it yet.
Post a screen shot of your export settings, like this example -
Please show us the bottom part of the export settings.
You also have gaps in the timeline: fill those with black video.
Turn off hardware encoding: see how that goes.
Might want to nest the slideshow first.
So I tried inserting black footage and adjusted the settings like so, as was recommended by a Matti Hapooja youtube video over exporting. However, the problem still occurs.
Right click on one of your camera source files in the Project Panel and from the drop down menu choose Properties.
Post a screen shot of the Properties.
Export with max render off and vbr1 or cbr.
Thank you, I tried without max render and set it to vbr1, although it didn't happen as frequently in the video, the stuttering frames continued to be an issue, just in different points of the video than before. It is technically better than before though.
Did you ever find a solution to this issue? Please let us know.
Update* I still have not found a solution to why my footage continues to have jumping/stuttering frames after exporting. Just doesn't do this while in premiere, so it drives me crazy when I think a video is good to go, and then it renders out with this issue.
same problem here... It's very very strange..
I have even changed the preview codec to prores hq, in uhd like the sequence, and try to render using previews. this is even worse. I can now see the shuttering inside premiere.
I've experienced a similar issue today surrounding this. I have several images with a push transition and a slow zoom effect. Plays fine in the timeline but is stuttered in export.
I amended the below settings based on trial and error to get a smooth final output.
In Sequence Settings I had the below:
Composite in Linear Colour (requires GPU acceleration or max render quality): changed to OFF
In Export Settings I had the below:
Hope that helps.
Yup... its a bug somewhere... ADOBE!!!!!!!
(I don't have any fix, I removed all the Lumetri colours etc etc... still glitching and stuttering.. sigh)
Same problem here. Very simple titles on top of a single video layer. Plays fine in preview - all kinds of issues on the export. Have tried all the suggestions above and am yet to get a smooth playing export.
I tried clearing my media cache and THAT seemed to get rid of any glitches on export.....
But then would come back again within the next video or so.. even AFTER clearing media cache.
Adobe is a weird creature..
Same problem here even after so many months 😞
I get stuttering frames while editing this series of commercials in Premiere CC 2020. I'm on the road and with a deadly deadline, and could not find a solution after trying the obvious things. First thing to suspect of is hardware rendering since I can see stuttering frames while editing in premiere. But no matter what I do I get the stutter somewhere along the video render.
These are 1 minute videos, and with A LOT OF LUCK I got one stuttering-free render after many tries, but nothing I can name a real solution.
If you export media in premiere and select queue, it will export in Adobe Media Encoder, this resolved the stuttering for me.
This is it!
Thank you so much.
I just found a new solve for this (at least in my case). My file was clipping even when exported using Media Encoder.
Open the file in Quicktime and export it from there. I exported my imported clip (that was skipping in Premiere) from Quicktime as 4K/H.264, and it now no longer clips in any Adobe apps when exporting.
One solution that worked for me was to first export the sequence out as an image sequence, then reimport then export in whatever. Seems to work well so far.