• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stuttering videos

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone.  Bit of an issue here with stuttering video. Using a Mavic Pro 2 drone, filmed at 4K 25P, I then pull a clip onto a new timeline.  It stutters on playback throughout the process through to export as QT or H264. Is this simply a consequence of 25P - maybe I should have shot 50P?  Is it that simple? Cheers, Marc

TOPICS
Editing , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MIght want to consider proxies: Drone footage is known to be heavily compressed. Your machine might not be able to handle the footage, but that is guessing as you did not give any info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Anne for the reply.  So more info is - even when exported to ProRes or H264 I still have this stutter effect. I'm now guessing it's simply tilting on the drone camera is compromising the 25P recording format. So, it has nothing to do with the speed of the machine, rather than trying to find the correct sequence and output settings. Or film in 50P - which means no 4K with this particular drone.  Thanks again, Marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How about comps specs. OS, Pr build.

Might be tilting down too fast for 25p.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines