• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Subclip Descriptions transfer to its Master Clip

Participant ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure I'm missing something here.  When I make a subclip and go about identifying its contents in the Description, Comments, Scene, Take, etc., columns in the bin, whatever I type transfers to the master clip.  For example, in the Descriptions column, I type what the interviewee is saying.  This text automatically shows up in the Descriptoin column of the master clip once I hit return after typing in the Descriptions column of the subclip.  This is so wrong - you can see the problem here - I'm making subclips of the master so that I can identify specific sound bites I want to work with for the rough cut.  The only column that I can type in info unique to that subclip that will not automatically show up in the master clip is the Name column.  Is there a setting I need to check so that I can type in unique subclip info in other metadisplay bin columns that will not automatically be applied to the master clip?  Or, am I relegated to typing in the first sentence and sometimes the last sentence along with key words/concepts of the interviewee's sound bite, how I identify each subclip, in the Name column?  This makes the Name field extremely long and cumbersome.  I instead just want to keep in the Name column the ID info that ties it to the master clip, not rename it with a lengthy quote of the interviewee. 

TOPICS
Editing , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok update:  there's an even bigger problem here.  Even when I change the info in the Name column of the subclip, it automatically changes the master clip's Name info to the same.  And, worse yet, other subclips I've made also have the Name info changed to the same text I just typed on the most recent subclip I made.  This renders the whole subclip workflow useless.  With this going on, I cannot edit with subclips which makes documentary editing extremely inefficient and cumbersome.  There's got to be a fix to this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Lori,

Sorry for this problem. It sounds like your project is corrupt or is just not functioning correctly. I tested out the subclip function and it appears to be respecting Description and Log Notes apart from the Master Clip. Can you test it on your end with a new project?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines