• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Subject is looking too far off camera

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stood too far away from the camera, and the subject is looking too far away from the lens. Is it possible to fix this in Premiere? Using 13.1 on a Mac.

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

The simple answer:  no.  I've seen much worse than this, but I certainly understand your reaction.    apply the basic 3D effect and play around with the parameters.  You can't change where he's looking... at least I can't.  That said, you might consult an cgi expert but probably beyond your budget. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

embed.jpg

...so we dont have to download unknown files: we help you, you help us. Thanks!

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The simple answer:  no.  I've seen much worse than this, but I certainly understand your reaction.    apply the basic 3D effect and play around with the parameters.  You can't change where he's looking... at least I can't.  That said, you might consult an cgi expert but probably beyond your budget. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

user55, in future you can put a piece of white camera tape on the camera near the lens and tell talent, "This is your eyeline."   the eyeline is almost always given to actors when shooting pro stuff, so their looks match the coverage of actors they are supposedly talking to in place of camera.  In those cases it's important to make sure the look is on proper axis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I personally think right next to the lens is too close for an interview.  If there's someone doing the interview,  I'll have them sit next to the camera...  If it's a run and gun situation, I'll hold my hand out to the right (or left of the camera) and tell them to look at where my hand is.   But obviously everyone's taste is different...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're probably right... for your type of interview. The only thing I ever did that was like that was with Albert on some job a real long time ago. We nicknamed him the 'human tripod" cause he shot with camera on shoulder and you raised or lowered the camera by raising or lowering his behind on apple boxes. His asst. would 'ask the questions' on the list of stuff to be shot, until they got a decent response from talent. Then move on to the next question. That asst. sat next to but slightly behind the camera ( close to lens ) so the eyeline would be close to lens but not INTO the lens ... plus there was no coverage ( reverse ) on the asst.

You never see the person asking the questions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_and_David_Maysles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[video]

example of very badly done match for axis. Notice ( first few seconds of this sample ). girl in bed looks to her right ( camera left ). then have to cut to girl standing clearly on her left side. it is very poorly done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

that's known as "crossing the line" and it's a rule but can occasionally be broken and still work.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines